Why become a member? ×

BASS BASH MARCH 2008

ped

Looking like I can make this now (fingers crossed as every time I have planned before apart from one it hasn't happened)

If I can come I will bring my Nordy VJ5 and Sadowsky 5 if anyone is interested.

Probably wont bring any amps or cabs but may bring my Summit Preamp as it would be something less for Poptart to have to take along and its an awesome bit of kit!!

Looking at this thread aren't we going to have absolutely loads of amps and cabs present?!? Probably not a bad thing but I wonder if all this gear will fit in the room :)

Steve

[quote name='OldGit' post='163394' date='Mar 25 2008, 09:45 PM']Yes please :) oh if there's not one already on the list..

Best bring a sleeping bag too :huh: (the bash is on Sunday)[/quote]

Oops thanks oldgit. That would have been a bit sad turning up and hanging round the carpark wondering when everyone was going to arrive. See you Sunday then!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='163397' date='Mar 25 2008, 09:52 PM']Now thats a bass I'm quite curious about. Looks the parts and the other sig basses I've tried like the Rudy Sarzo and Jeff Berlin model were quite impressive. That Jeff Berlin is actually a bass I wouldn't mind having at some point. Great workhorse bass given its got a graphite reinforced neck.[/quote]

It was a bit of a risky ebay purchase having never seen one before, plus it had been refinished.
However after replacing a hard to find tone pot and getting used to the big chunky neck I'm really pleased with it. I would be interested to see what you think.

Well i've had a gig re-scheduled, so it looks like i'sa comin'!
Is there gonna be anything like a "for sale" table or something? Last year there were a few things up for grabs but it was all a bit confusing who was selling what...
Don't wanna turn it into a car boot sale or anything, but coming away from it with something under your arm is always nice, and no postage to pay or postal-service-worries to be had!

Looks as though I might be able to make it to the Bash.

I work for a sandwich manufacturer and might be able to sort out some sarnies for lunch, can't promise anything but if someone lets me know how many are likely to be attending then I'll see what I can do.

Would people want free sandwiches? :)

Just an idea,

(Hopefully) see you all there,

Mart.

[quote name='Machines' post='165717' date='Mar 29 2008, 08:46 AM']There may well be over 50 people.. i'm bringing my own though ![/quote]
I would have thought there'd be well over 50 people from the interest shown - will we all fit in with all the gear that's being brought?

[quote name='nash' post='163670' date='Mar 26 2008, 12:08 PM']is anyone bringing a berg nv610 for ne to put my sunn through? ill be bringing my mij p with emg aswell[/quote]

I will try to fit an NV610 in the car if I have room ( I am bringing a Bergy AE410 for Ari) plus I will have an AE210, so I may run out of room as I am also bringing lots of basses.

I will see what I can do.

Mark

Think I will just bring my GB now, with all these folk coming, bringing my backline looks unecessary and there should be lots to plug into.
Better have my best antipersparant on with all those bodies about!

Free Sarnies what a bonus that would be, Ta VM

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='woodenshirt' post='165715' date='Mar 29 2008, 08:44 AM']Looks as though I might be able to make it to the Bash.

I work for a sandwich manufacturer and might be able to sort out some sarnies for lunch, can't promise anything but if someone lets me know how many are likely to be attending then I'll see what I can do.

Just an idea,

Mart.[/quote]Bloody marvellous idea, that would be great :huh:

[quote name='woodenshirt' post='165715' date='Mar 29 2008, 08:44 AM']Looks as though I might be able to make it to the Bash.

Just an idea,

Mart.[/quote]

That's a very kind offer. i'll have one please!

HEY, WHAT A CRACKING DAY
Well worth spending 5+ hours on the road for. Gents/laydeeez, I thank you. Photos tomorrow!
My bass of the day? Well there's two really... the beautiful maple singlecut Mr.Shuker turned up with (dood, it's MINE I tell ya), and CK's awesome Celinder Jazz. Ja-HEEzus, that thing is a Phunk Monsta. :)

And I propose a big vote of thanks to Mart for coming through with the sarnies. Top chap!

Rich

You beat me to it - I too would like to thank Mart for the sandwiches, it made a highly enjoyable afternoon that bit more special :-)

Thanks to all who organised, it was a bit mental at times but cool to meet a load more of you and put faces to names.

'Till next time.

Mark