Why become a member? ×

Faulty Warwick Volume Knob - HELP!

bassprop

I was just wondering if anyone can help me a technical issue. I am a bass freak, but know little about the technical side of things.

I am the proud owner of a Warwick Streamer LX4 bass. Recently, I've not been able to play my bass because I have been moving house and on work trips. In any event, when I finally had time to play my bass, I realised the volume knob was very very tight and hard to rotate. I tried rolling it harder and it moved, and continues to move...but endlessly, without actually affecting the volume when it is plugged in. The knob no longer pulls out - I believe Warwicks have a special function on the volume whereby if it is pressed against the body it means one thing (active?) and when pulled out, means another...

Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone out there can help me...I just want to know what the likely cause of the trouble and roughly how to handle it. The techs out here in Hong Kong are, unfortunately, quite inexperienced and ordering Warwick parts through the official retailer here takes months. I would very much appreciate any help anyone out there can give.

Cheers. :)

[quote name='bassprop' post='125248' date='Jan 22 2008, 08:49 AM']I was just wondering if anyone can help me a technical issue. I am a bass freak, but know little about the technical side of things.

I am the proud owner of a Warwick Streamer LX4 bass. Recently, I've not been able to play my bass because I have been moving house and on work trips. In any event, when I finally had time to play my bass, I realised the volume knob was very very tight and hard to rotate. I tried rolling it harder and it moved, and continues to move...but endlessly, without actually affecting the volume when it is plugged in. The knob no longer pulls out - I believe Warwicks have a special function on the volume whereby if it is pressed against the body it means one thing (active?) and when pulled out, means another...

Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone out there can help me...I just want to know what the likely cause of the trouble and roughly how to handle it. The techs out here in Hong Kong are, unfortunately, quite inexperienced and ordering Warwick parts through the official retailer here takes months. I would very much appreciate any help anyone out there can give.

Cheers. :)[/quote]

Hi ordering from the Warwick shop online is very easy and they deliver very quickly, also try the Warwick forum [url="http://www.warwick.de/forum/phpBB2/index.php"]http://www.warwick.de/forum/phpBB2/index.php[/url] some very knowledgeable and helpful people around on there