Why become a member? ×

AMPS!!

deano-bassist

Pre/Power was once the only way to get serious watts but now 500+ watts is quite common, so unless you are dead set on humping around a great big rack case (which may not be that heavy mind) you can get serious power in 2-3 unit heads.

There are a couple of thunderfunks for sale at the moment - plus a massive (in power) Techamp Black Cat.

Deano, there has also been a cuppla threads recently about buying power amps, in this forum. You may wanna check those out too for some useful info. The Thunderfunk's specs look great. As John has said, user's warwickhunt and bassjamm both have ones for sale at the moment.

Are you after a particular sound? This may influence the answers you receive! e.g. - "dirty grindy tone with loads of bottom end" or "Clean Hifi" or "Punch and warm"

The pre/power solution is fantastic if you want to play around with upgrades in the future. You can keep hold of the preamp and change the power amp seperately, should you feel you need to.

Did someone mention my name :)

Yep I have a Thunderfunk 550B [u]AND/OR[/u] a top spec Tech Soundsystems Black Cat for sale.

Both excellent amps, 2U rackmounted and either capable of loads of headroom; TF = 550 watts TS = 1000 watts

The TS Black Cat has potentially more versatility in as much as you can drive a pair of 4 ohm cabs with 500 watts delivered into each or 1000 into a single 8 ohm cab.

They are both light weight (the TS remarkable so 8kg for 1000w and 3 valves in the preamp) and wouldn't disgrace any stage, the TS will also do a very impressive SVT tone. If you want to discuss further just drop me a PM

alrite guys,
wondering if there are anyone in glasgow who would allow me to test there head amps or Pre/power amp. I would like to play Aguilar, Ampeg, Eden and Thunderfunk

since soundcontol only has Ashdown,Ampegs and tracey elliott in stock and they are no other places that stock a wide selection on bass amps.

peace
Deano

Edited by deano-bassist

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='deano-bassist' post='126047' date='Jan 23 2008, 02:07 PM']I have always love the tone of stuart zender, marcus miller, ryan matinie. I saw on the aguilar site that marcus miller is a player of there amps. I always thought it was EBS[/quote]

He play EBS amps and cabs most of the time, but use an Aguilar preamp occasionally, thats why he is on their site.
He also use SWR sometimes.