Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Strings: Stainless Steel Or Nickel..

Pedro1020

Hey I'm quite fond of these strings, the last bass I used to own before sold had a new set of these on.
I recall they were probably the stainless steel ones, they felt exceedingly smooth to play with, no catch at all, lovely to slide with.

Eventhough I've never tried their nickels as of yet, to people who have (or any oter company who make stainless and nickel or just in general differences). Which is better? certain style of playing would be helpful to allocate the certain type of string against.

(for me, Jazz & funk, slap bass too :) )
Thanks

Edited by Pedro1020

I guess from what I've gathered and learnt its all down to basic personal preference, I'm more into the steels as the accustom my style of playing and also I'm into the bright sound to be honest :huh: others prefer the nickels (a vast majority ;) ) I've had my hand at nickels but found issues, maybe it was my action or the particular gauge I have (I have small hands :)) either way this topic has been a vast help and I show my appreciation...Thanks guys!

Pedro