Why become a member? ×

Low Action, String Height Against Fretboard Measurements..

Pedro1020

Im adjusting my height of strings on my NT streamer to increase playing for one (noticing catch at the moment for me, maybe its the adjust from a guitar sized neck and strings to bass)

anywho, is there exact measurements for low action? or is it merely just personal preference?

Thanks in advance

It depends on a couple of things like how light/heavy your touch is, the neck radius and your personal preference. A 2.5mm relief on the E string, going down to 2mm on the G string is a reasonable place to start.

Hamster

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='125890' date='Jan 23 2008, 07:19 AM']It depends on a couple of things like how light/heavy your touch is, the neck radius and your personal preference. A 2.5mm relief on the E string, going down to 2mm on the G string is a reasonable place to start.

Hamster[/quote]

lol my touch is light :) Im not reli a heavy player, hence Im changing my strings to (rotosounds medium light - 35, 55, 70, 90. More better for me to adjust to than heavier, plus Im used to them altho they say stainless steel goes dull after a while, I like them tbh)

To be honest I'd like them quite low. Not exact touch to the fretboard but given a little height.

Thanks Hamster, I'll give that a try