Why become a member? ×

Thoughts please

NoirBass

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='126848' date='Jan 24 2008, 12:50 PM']If those are your only pedals you won't need the X-Blender[/quote]

Sorry, I should have given some more background:

I already have EBS ocatave, Multidrive and Microbass II and EH Bassballs and Microsynth (which is great but sucks tone badly hence X-blender)

Have desire to make full pedalboard so wanted to add envelope filter and a decent compressor.

From what Ive read on other forums and mainly this one, it seems these pedals (see my earlier post) would be the best choice.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='126983' date='Jan 24 2008, 03:29 PM']Yeah good choices then, the X-blender will be good on the Multidrive, Bassballs and Microsynth.

The EBS is another nice compressor that you migth find better for your setup than the Demeter.

What style of music to you play?[/quote]

All sorts really, mainly play pop and rock stuff for covers gigs and soul / disco for functions, also some original stuff (which is where i really want more effects) several different bands from Coldplay type rock to much more dance type things and always some funk.

Hope that narrows it down??!!

The EBS is considerably cheaper than the Demeter too - why would it be better for my setup?

EBS would suit you more a few more options, I mean they sound very similar but I found the demetera bit punchier I felt it would be better for slap but like I say there isn't much between them so I go for the EBS because it has more features and sounds and in your case you have a lot of EBS stuff already and they tend to interact well together.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='127019' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:13 PM']EBS would suit you more a few more options, I mean they sound very similar but I found the demetera bit punchier I felt it would be better for slap but like I say there isn't much between them so I go for the EBS because it has more features and sounds and in your case you have a lot of EBS stuff already and they tend to interact well together.[/quote]

Excellent - thanks for the advice

You just saved me £50