Why become a member? ×

Back on Bass

Mr Mike

I’d like that thank all you guys that convinced me not to sell my Music Man, also the fat cat music stores importing Music Man via grey imports therefore pushing the retail and the second hand value down to a ridiculous level.

Well I’m back on bass after 6 months off and swearing I’m never having anything to do with music again, my Stringray has seen the light once again. If some of you guys remember I lost my job at the end off November after working in music stores for two and a half years. Faced with the choice of being unemployed and homeless I had to make the drastic choice of selling my gear to survive. Thankfully selling my studio and pedal board to a number of you guys gave me enough money to keep me seriously inebriated so much that my kidneys went into paralysis, :) (now that’s rock and roll) oh yeah also a roof over my head…lol.

Fast forward a few months after a couple of job changes, I went back to my first love of riding mountain bikes so six months of hard riding and get myself back in shape. (new years eve I was 16 stone I’m now under 14) 4 weeks ago I blew out my knee no real biggy after a few visits to the doctor everything seemed to be healing ok. Until it turns out I have some type of genetic arthritis, I’m still waiting for more tests so I’ve been ordered off my bike, “recommended” to stay off the beer and generally take it easy. So the last month has been basstastic. Because I haven’t been able to go out much I’ve been playing so much more and its like I’ve never been away, I’m also writing so much more than I ever have.

Well that’s my life story of the past 6 months I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it as much I have writing it, coz it’s kept me preoccupied for 10 minutes and taken my mind off the mind numbing boredom I am experiencing while my knees fall apart.

Hey Mike, glad you haven't forgotten us! Congrats on getting your life back together and getting back into bass. S'why we're all here really at the end of the day, innit? :) Hope your knee doesn't get much worse too.

To be honest it wasnt like life went of track its more like it gave me a kick start again. Working in a music store for sod all money while trying to fund some what failing music career really put a downer on things. Me nailing my kiddenies was me being plain stupid. After spend most of the last 3 years working and gigging having the oppertunity to drink with worrying about getting up for work was to good to be true. Selling my gear sucked but its only gear at the end of the day I left my choise stuff to last, its not like im cutting my arm off. Plus I get to buy all new stuff, mmhmmm day off tomorrow me thinks i will be investing in some new pedals :)

Oh yeah and cheers for the comments guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mr Mike