Why become a member? ×

Bass Centre So Called Delivery Time?

danbanbass

hey guys ordered a eden nemesis nsp810 cab last tuesday which was in stock and recieved a email stating it was dispatched on wednesday however i still haven't recieved the cab yet, tried emailing on friday and monday but no response, so i looked on their delivery info page stating delivery would be 1-2 days by tnt.

wouldn't be a problem if they returned the emails and kept me informed with a tracking number etc, i paid £30 for the postage so you could say i'm a little dissapointed with their quality of service for a well established business. :)

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I had to wait a day extra for a delivery from another shop.. it was only a day.. but it was a long 24 hours!! Have you called them directly?

[quote name='danbanbass' post='12165' date='Jun 4 2007, 11:11 PM']hey guys ordered a eden nemesis nsp810 cab last tuesday which was in stock and recieved a email stating it was dispatched on wednesday however i still haven't recieved the cab yet, tried emailing on friday and monday but no response, so i looked on their delivery info page stating delivery would be 1-2 days by tnt.
wouldn't be a problem if they returned the emails and kept me informed with a tracking number etc, i paid £30 for the postage so you could say i'm a little dissapointed with their quality of service for a well established business. :)[/quote]

MB1. :huh:

Comes as no surprise these days, they have had a lot of complaints recently,get on the phone and play hell, short of that,cancel your order,threaten to go elsewhere,no excuse for that.
hope you get it sorted!

MB1.

Yeah... ordering from the Bass Centre online is a nightmare in my experience and haven't done it since. Though I will say my in shop experience has been good so far.

Sorry to hear about your delay mate and hope it all gets sorted quickly.

How did you pay?

With debit cards and credit cards you can have the various agencies recall the funds. I've had to do that before with some companies, some bass-related, and some not.

That's a last resort, but if they're passing you around on the 'phone, cancelling your order and threatening that may knock them into line.

It's a pity GAK don't do Eden. They know how to process online/ telephone orders/ postal deliveries properly. Never had or heard of a bad experience with them (in terms of delivery)

I found Napper a good man to deal with when I bought my Gibson Triumph. Having said that after the transaction was complete someone cloned my card and started buying phonecards from Nairobi!!

The other thing is that they sold it to me as a 1974/5 Gibson Les Paul Triumph, when I got in touch with Gibson themselves they told me it was a rather rarer 1971 Triumph in a custom finish with a custom bridge from Schaller, neither of which were mentioned by the BC.

Napper has always been very helpful when I've dealt with the Bass Centre. I obtained my whole rig from there, and although they had supply problems with the last cab I bought I emailed Napper and he responded quickly with an accurate estimate of when I would get my cabs.

Its concerning that other people have had cards cloned after shopping there however - the first time I shopped there I had £500 rinsed off my card by cloning and had to have it cancelled and refunded by the fraud department of my bank. Coincidence?

[quote name='danbanbass' post='12456' date='Jun 5 2007, 01:22 PM']right, no reply, how would i go about a refund, i paid by switch online.
Thanks
Dan[/quote]

Contact your card issuer (presumably your bank). State what has occurred accurately and fairly. Ask them to retrieve the funds.
Don't waste your time dealing with the BC for this, they'll just mess you around again.
DO contact the BC out of courtesy and explain what you've done.
If they can't be bothered to acknowledge this, then it's their bad.
Go via your card issuer. Don't enter into a slanging match yourself, they'll do it for you if necessary.

If (on the off-chance) they're wholly disorganised, you may end up with a cab being delivered... Don't sign for it and refuse to accept delivery of it.
If it's via Parcelfarce, they'll probably leave an 8x10 on your doorstep in the rain.

I don't mind buying from the Bass centre. I've bought my whole rig from them too, and while it hasn't been the quickest delivery, it doesn't take THAT long.

I think people should be more patient sometimes......although it can be annoying if you REALLY need the stuff straight away.

right, cheers for the comment guys, its not the lack of delivery time that bothers me its the poor service they are providing me , however the delivery terms state that it will take 1-2days for delivery, it is now the 4 working day since i ordered it and the cab etc was in stock.

Anyway this is what i've sent bass centre:

Order ID.3797

Hi,
I Ordered The Eden Nemesis NSP810 Cab And Warwick Speakon Lead from you last Tuesday 29th may and received conformation that these items had been dispatched on Wednesday, however i have not received the items mentioned, i have sent numerous emails etc and have received no reply.
I have paid £30 for delivery alone and have recieved no delivery of the afore mentioned items.

I am totally disgusted with the amount of customer service and lack of updates concerning my goods.

If i don't recieve the items i have paid for or any useful response by the end of today, i shall have no alternative than to contact my bank to pursue my money back and will also post every bass forum i know about the poor service the bass centre is providing.

I will also contact and inform trading standards of the terrible service and for also taking my money and not coming up with the goods specified.

Then we'll see where i get from there.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Rather than wasting your time with emails, have you considered phoning them?

The 1-2 days delivery probably means that you will recieve it within 1-2 days of it actually being dispatched, rather than you receiving it within 1-2 days of ordering it. Unless you've been told 'it has now been dispatched and you will get it within 1-2 days', that is.

Four working days really isn't along time to be getting upset over, I'd start worrying when it's been at least a week.

Edited by Waldo

Just got a reply after sending the email.

Hi Daniel
sorry for the lack of contact but the cab was damaged in transit and ended up back with us and I issued a refund yesterday (4th June) which should show on your account either today or tomorrow.
We are very sorry about this and we took action straight away to get you your money back
all the best
Napper
Bass Centre Web Admin

[quote name='King of Loss' post='12470' date='Jun 5 2007, 01:35 PM']I don't mind buying from the Bass centre. I've bought my whole rig from them too, and while it hasn't been the quickest delivery, it doesn't take THAT long.

I think people should be more patient sometimes......although it can be annoying if you REALLY need the stuff straight away.[/quote]

Same here. I live near the BS and i used to pop in a lot but i have made the mistake of ordering from them a few times and i must say, they have never delivered on time.
Whether its the suppliers or not (and i have a feeling it is) i have always got a delivery date from them and they have always missed it.
I dont mind if they say two weeks or two days but i expect to get the goods in that time. I have a lot of organising to do as i dont drive so i have to get friends etc to run me around, i have even had to get cabs at my expense because of this.

Saying all that, to their credit they have lent me gear on these occasions once i have made a fuss but again, i still have to organise transport and in these cases twice. That's why i paid £45 more for my LMII this week as i had to get one and wasnt going to order from the BS even though they are cheaper.

I've only ordered once from them and that was only the Colin Hodgkinson book, so not too expensive, but that was a fortnight ago and so far the "1-2 days" shipping time doesn't seem to be happening :)

Cheers,
Alun