Why become a member? ×

TJC Guitars (Stevenage) - BIG Thumbs Up!

Moos3h

Hi all,

Just wanted to take the chance to recommend (very highly) Terry Chapman of TJC Guitars in Stevenage. He's a first class repairer and has just done a great (and very cheap) job on my Acoustic Bass which was suffering from an action you could happily walk under. He's turned a total plank into a very useable bass!

Work was done really quickly too!

Sorry if this seems a little spammy but it it's really important to spread the good word as I live in an area where the standard of guitar repairers, erm...varies to put it politely! I've had some rubbish jobs done in the past elsewhere.

Cheers,
James

brings a tear to my eye that one. sniff. is he in the recommended luthier thread? if not why not?

He most certainly is - I put in a post about him.

Great standard of work, and great prices. I`ve recommended him to the guys in my band, and they rave about how good his work has been on their guitars.

Edited by Dad3353

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Morning all,

Not the same experience for me i'm afraid to say. I'd arranged to have some cosmetic work done on one of my guitars, very competative price and initial conversations with Terry were very positive.

Unfortunately, it was the after sales service that really dissapointed me, after an issue that was raised about the work I was told by Terry that it would be another 2 weeks before he could look at it again and was made to feel like I was a real inconvenience for questioning him. The sign off at the end from him was a text saying "I don't need customers like you".

When there's work being done for the best part of £200 I think it's pretty unreasonable to have my concerns dismissed and to be told I have to wait another 2 weeks to have the guitar looked at.

If you're in the Stevenage area, I'd recommend coda music, they might not be the quickest or cheapest but they're a good bunch of guys and I've since taken my guitar there to have the work completed and I have no complaints at all.

• 3 years later...
On 29/10/2014 at 08:35, Face melter said:

Morning all,

Not the same experience for me i'm afraid to say. I'd arranged to have some cosmetic work done on one of my guitars, very competative price and initial conversations with Terry were very positive.

Unfortunately, it was the after sales service that really dissapointed me, after an issue that was raised about the work I was told by Terry that it would be another 2 weeks before he could look at it again and was made to feel like I was a real inconvenience for questioning him. The sign off at the end from him was a text saying "I don't need customers like you".

When there's work being done for the best part of £200 I think it's pretty unreasonable to have my concerns dismissed and to be told I have to wait another 2 weeks to have the guitar looked at.

If you're in the Stevenage area, I'd recommend coda music, they might not be the quickest or cheapest but they're a good bunch of guys and I've since taken my guitar there to have the work completed and I have no complaints at all.

Coda send all their repairs to Terry...

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I cam across this thread and I just like to add that I would really recommend Terry. I got a 3 basses fixed up by him, all for different reasons and they all now play perfectly. He managed to look at all 3 within a week and he was brilliant.

glowing recommendation from me.