In Memoriam

Kiwi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only just seen this, gutted. I met Pete once after a Nearly Dan gig when he was playing like a dream. I was concerned about his health from some of the posts in recent years but still shocked to see this. Condolences to his family and friends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, for anyone interested and able to attend Colin's Funeral, I just saw this on Facebook :

"Dear friends of Colin,

I am greatly humbled by the outpouring of support, love and kindness you’ve displayed over the past ten days. 
Colin; your friend and my partner was one of a kind and is already missed so much. I’m still in disbelief that he’s gone. 

Colin’s funeral will be held at Woking Crematorium, Hermitage Road Woking GU21 8TJ on Wednesday, 3rd April at 3pm, with a wake/celebration of his life afterwards at Brookwood Club, Connaught Road, Brookwood Woking. GU24 0HJ.

Anybody wishing to send floral tributes, can you please send to The Co-Operative Funeralcare, Unit 1, 5 High Street, Knaphill, Woking Surrey GU21 2PG.

I would like to thank you all for your kindness and overwhelming generosity with your donations. We can now give Colin the send off he deserves. 

With Love, Kim. Xx"

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 04/07/2022 at 16:32, Rich said:

Steve Soar.

I'm really saddened by this.  Steve did some work on one of my basses a good few years ago and I spent a really pleasant couple of afternoons over at his place in Birkenhead, dropping off and picking up the bass.  I'd been listening a free Mojo CD on the way over and was telling him I'd been in raptures listening to Half Man, Half Biscuit's 'National Shite Day' on this thing.  He proceeded to regale me with tales of the lead singer, who happened to live just a short distance away from him.  I found Steve to be a thoroughly engaging and decent guy.  Hell, it was only a very weeks ago he commented on a thread of mine.  What a sad, sad loss.  My sincere condolences to his family.

Edited by Bass Culture
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2022 at 09:07, Bass Culture said:

I'm really saddened by this.  Steve did some work on one of my basses a good few years ago and I spent a really pleasant couple of afternoons over at his place in Birkenhead, dropping off and picking up the bass.  I'd been listening a free Mojo CD on the way over and was telling him I'd been in raptures listening to Half Man, Half Biscuit's 'National Shite Day' on this thing.  He proceeded to regale me with tales of the lead singer, who happened to live just a short distance away from him.  I found Steve to be a thoroughly engaging and decent guy.  Hell, it was only a very weeks ago he commented on a thread of mine.  What a sad, sad loss.  My sincere condolences to his family.

Gosh, that blindsided me. My dealings were limited to online only, but he was always very insightful and very kind and gentle. A real sad loss 😢

• 2 months later...

skb558

Posted by his wife earlier.

"It is with great sadness that I write this post, but my beloved Shaun died of a heart attack at the end of July, he was only 64. He loved being a member of Basschat and had forged some god friendships with fellow bass players. He will be sadly missed and I miss hearing him play bass from him room. Thank you for the years of joy you gave him. Louise (his wife)"

• Sad 23

• Kiwi changed the title to In Memoriam