Why become a member? ×

Problems with the bass knob of a practice amp

Alex D

Problems with the bass knob of a practice amp

I’ve got a Roland Cube 30 which I use mainly as a practice amp. The problem is that the bass knob of the EQ doesn’t work properly. It works only at +7 and above, for the rest it’s just dead, without any boost or cut off. It probably happened when I moved flat recently, but I am not sure how. Everything else works just fine. Any suggestions of how can I fix it?

[quote name='Alex D' post='128157' date='Jan 26 2008, 10:22 AM']Problems with the bass knob of a practice amp

I’ve got a Roland Cube 30 which I use mainly as a practice amp. The problem is that the bass knob of the EQ doesn’t work properly. It works only at +7 and above, for the rest it’s just dead, without any boost or cut off. It probably happened when I moved flat recently, but I am not sure how. Everything else works just fine. Any suggestions of how can I fix it?[/quote]

Sounds like a trip to the local techie is required. Just guessing what it might be without seeing it would most likely cost more than taking it to the shop.

dave

Just sounds like a screwed pot and it will deteriorate if you don't get it seen to, it's a simple fix but if you aren't competent then don't attempt it since working on amps can be a dangerous affair.

Take it to a techie, it won't be expensive unless something like a gremlin in the pre-amp is to blame.... that would be worst case scenario and *highly* unlikely.