Why become a member? ×

Legacy Bass Strings

Max Normal

I didn't really believe it, but my guitarist (who is an amazing shredder) was going through lots of strings so he found Legacy strings and swears by their tone and cheapness. I bought some (3 sets for the price of 1 set of Rotosounds) and could not really tell any difference except they don't have the silk whipping on the end.

They stay in tune, plenty of punch and have stayed bright so far, also I have 2 more sets to put on so I'll have 3-times the brightness for the price of 1 set. can't recommend these too much. I know you get what you pay for, seems if that is the case, the likes of Rotosound have been ripping us off.

I know this sounds like an advert, but it isn't! No affliation. I thought it might be helpful to some of you who play a lot and have to change strings often.

Edited by Max Normal

Another HUGE recommendation for these strings from me. I've used them for years with no complaints and found I prefer them to branded roto's. They seem to last longer! Wish they weren't quite so long, although they have got shorter than they were. Very classy indeed for the price, and I've used them on some VERY big stages. When I can't afford elixirs these are my next choice.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1123102' date='Feb 10 2011, 07:52 PM']Another HUGE recommendation for these strings from me. I've used them for years with no complaints and found I prefer them to branded roto's. They seem to last longer! Wish they weren't quite so long, although they have got shorter than they were. Very classy indeed for the price, and I've used them on some VERY big stages. When I can't afford elixirs these are my next choice.[/quote]

total murder wrapping my low B but amazing strings for the price.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a couple of sets of 45-105's , very impressed for the money. (£7.95 from Strings Direct).
Ideal for a project / 2nd bass (dare I say Sue Ryder?!!) As good/same as Rotosound Roto bass I reckon.
Thanks for the heads up.

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been using them for about three years and never had any complaints. Great strings at a great price although lately have sneaked up to £12.99 which is still very comfy on the pocket. I honestly personally can't hear anything bad once we're playing live or rehearsal and probably sticking my neck out here saying is it a case of 'Emporor's new clothes' as far as strings three times the price are concerned? Agreed that not all strings suit all basses but it's definitely all in the hands of the player. I'm more than sure the likes of Paladino sound just as fluent and sickenly amazing on a Squier Affinty as much as a top of the range Lakland.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1485904372' post='3227689']
They are Rotosound.
[/quote]

Indeed. Strings Direct chap said that to me when I bought some the first time and asked him the direct question 'Are these Rotosounds?'.

• 5 years later...

Ordered a set of these in Medium gauge to put on my Spector NS-5CR this evening. All went on fine except for the B, which barely tapers at all at the headstock end. It won't fit into the tuner for me to start winding. 

A shame as the four that fit on the bass actually sound and feel pretty good.