Why become a member? ×

ACG "Graft" Harlot 4- Sold pending the usual.

giblett123

Afternoon everyone!

Here we have my ACG "graft" Harlot, which I've had from new and briefly floated a year or so ago as a feeler to raise some cash when work was short. My build projects are now coming in (In the build diaries) so I need to free up some funds. The graft is hand built in ACG's Moffat workshop and the build quality and components are top drawer, it is a fine piece of craftsmanship.

[b]Specs are:[/b]
Alder body with a Shedua top.
3 piece Maple neck with a Rosewood board.
John East 2 band cut & boost EQ with selectable frequency centres for the bass and treble.
ACG FB humbucker pickup.
Hipshot Type B bridge & Gotoh GB7 tuners.
Satin finish, weighs a tad under 8lbs.

[b]Condition:[/b] Its A1.

[b]Price:[/b] I'd like £500 or a near(ish) offer [b]PRICE DROP £475[/b] yes I can ship, (sorry but no trades this time please, its a fund raiser)[b]EDIT: I may consider trading for a small(ish) amp, eg a promethean, Genz shuttle combo, markbass CMD112, or something decent for pitwork (with a cash adjustment either way if needed) or possibly a fretless....?[/b]

Thanks for looking!
Chris.

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='1123551' date='Feb 11 2011, 08:39 AM']Great basses these - staggering value.[/quote]
They are fantastic bases, having avoided anything with more than 4 strings with a passion bordering on paranoia I've finally realised I'm more comfortable and fluent on the bigger necked 5's and 6's so I'm moving on my 4's to fund it, I have a 5 on order and really fancy a 33" 5er.

[quote name='giblett123' post='1123619' date='Feb 11 2011, 11:21 AM']They are fantastic bases, having avoided anything with more than 4 strings with a passion bordering on paranoia I've finally realised I'm more comfortable and fluent on the bigger necked 5's and 6's so I'm moving on my 4's to fund it, I have a 5 on order and really fancy a 33" 5er.[/quote]

How heavy is this bass?

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='1124166' date='Feb 11 2011, 06:21 PM']How does it sit when you are playing sitting down? Is it uncomfortable? Strange shape.[/quote]
Nah, very easy to play, the balance on these is excellent, they just sit there! I'll have to climb on the scales and weigh it, Will get back to you on that.

[quote name='Scoop' post='1131636' date='Feb 17 2011, 10:29 PM']Bump - and just to let you know that I've added a link to this advert on the ACG Facebook page.

Click on the link in my sig.[/quote]
Cheers scoop, much appreciated! Next week is half term Rich so I'm about, let me know, I may yet ill this and float one of my others.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='1144865' date='Feb 28 2011, 07:51 PM']This not gone yet? A great bass for that price.[/quote]
Fraid not, I was a tad surprised too, the shape is a matter of taste I suppose but they are serious basses in this price bracket, I may keep it and go the old fashioned way and save some pennies to pay for an extra new toy!

[quote name='giblett123' post='1145333' date='Mar 1 2011, 06:43 AM']Fraid not, I was a tad surprised too, the shape is a matter of taste I suppose but they are serious basses in this price bracket, I may keep it and go the old fashioned way and save some pennies to pay for an extra new toy![/quote]

Supressed market, job losses, belt tightening. It's a scary world out there and not much is shifting. This is a truly daft price for a fabulous bass and I'm frankly astonished that it's not shifted.

I'm toying with the idea of selling my Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub (which I never use any more) to raise some dosh for this. The problem is of course, that that probably won't sell either. :)

Have a bumb anyway while I have a think about it.

[quote name='Scoop' post='1145467' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:17 AM']Supressed market, job losses, belt tightening. It's a scary world out there and not much is shifting. This is a truly daft price for a fabulous bass and I'm frankly astonished that it's not shifted.

I'm toying with the idea of selling my Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub (which I never use any more) to raise some dosh for this. The problem is of course, that that probably won't sell either. :)

Have a bumb anyway while I have a think about it.[/quote]
Ahhh... Glaub, I've just had mine "pimped up" by Nigel Roberts at Leicestershire luthier, refret, nut, custom wound pickup, seems a bonkers idea but the bloke reckoned it would make a difference, he was right, it's taken a very decent bass and turned it into a truly stunning one! What colour is yours?

[quote name='giblett123' post='1145484' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:33 AM']Ahhh... Glaub, I've just had mine "pimped up" by Nigel Roberts at Leicestershire luthier, refret, nut, custom wound pickup, seems a bonkers idea but the bloke reckoned it would make a difference, he was right, it's taken a very decent bass and turned it into a truly stunning one! What colour is yours?[/quote]

It's sunburst.

It was originally owned by a US Musician who was a Lakland endorsee. He had a US Glaub as his main live bass and had this Skyline as his backup. The Chicago factory guys got their hands on it before they passed it to him and it has some extras to make it an exact replica of his US model with a torty pickguard and the thumbrest over the pickup. The pup is a Lindy Fralin. It wasn't used live, apparently, coz he never needed his backup. He left the band about six years back and kept both Glaubs before selling this one to me in 2007. It's a very nice bass which I've gigged a few times so it's not showroom condition but it's bloody close.

[quote name='Scoop' post='1145550' date='Mar 1 2011, 11:27 AM']It's sunburst.

It was originally owned by a US Musician who was a Lakland endorsee. He had a US Glaub as his main live bass and had this Skyline as his backup. The Chicago factory guys got their hands on it before they passed it to him and it has some extras to make it an exact replica of his US model with a torty pickguard and the thumbrest over the pickup. The pup is a Lindy Fralin. It wasn't used live, apparently, coz he never needed his backup. He left the band about six years back and kept both Glaubs before selling this one to me in 2007. It's a very nice bass which I've gigged a few times so it's not showroom condition but it's bloody close.[/quote]
I love Glaubs, if I hadn't bought an acg 6 and ordered a 5 I'd do a swap but I'm in need of some dosh, lots off basses, to bigger overdraft!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Scoop' post='1145467' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:17 AM']Supressed market, job losses, belt tightening. It's a scary world out there and not much is shifting. This is a truly daft price for a fabulous bass and I'm frankly astonished that it's not shifted.

Have a bumb anyway while I have a think about it.[/quote]
Been a while so up!