Why become a member? ×

Feedback for york5stringer

Soulman

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought a G&L Tribute L-2500 off Keith this evening, top bloke, totally straight, took time to talk me through the bass and give me a sheet with some control settings for different sounds to get me started. Also helped me realise I need to sell my car to get a Markbass setup. :)

Couldn't ask for any more from a seller. Thanks mate!

[quote name='noisedude' post='215702' date='Jun 9 2008, 08:50 PM']Bought a G&L Tribute L-2500 off Keith this evening, top bloke, totally straight, took time to talk me through the bass and give me a sheet with some control settings for different sounds to get me started. Also helped me realise I need to sell my car to get a Markbass setup. :)

Couldn't ask for any more from a seller. Thanks mate![/quote]

Thanks but how would you get to gigs......!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='215750' date='Jun 9 2008, 09:44 PM']Thanks but how would you get to gigs......![/quote]
I could carry them all the way there if they're as light as everyone says!!

Maybe I'll wait till I'm not quite so skint instead.

• 1 month later...

Went to see Keith last night with Pete, (Thunderthumbs), to collect my auction winnings and see his band.
I have dealt with Keith before and he is a cracking guy but the band is great. It was so refreshing to hear numbers that are NOT on everyone else's set list and performed well. The band is nice and tight and the vocalist sounds spookily like Stevie Nicks.
Great to see you again Keith and the efforts you put in to sorting out the Yorks do and raising money for charity deserves to be recognised as going beyond the norm.
Let's see if any other BassChat bashes can beat the sum of money raised.
Oh and by the way the Bass was just the right volume :)

Ah.....Stuart.....you beat me to it. :)

Yes, Stuart (bassbunny) & I went to see Keith play last night. Great band. Some great tunes.....some you don't hear too often, and some that you do hear often but done slightly differently which was refreshing.

My reason for going was to pay Keith the remainder of the payment for his G&L L2500 Tribute (which is great to play and sounds fantastic by the way). Keith's been very patient and that has been very much appreciated. Keith's a great guy to deal with, and I would recommend him to anybody, buying or selling.

Thanks once again Keith.

All the best,
Pete.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought his singlecut rework of a trashed Hofner. Good communications, lots of photos, good explanation of issues. Superb packing for transit. A nice guy and I would be very happy to deal with him again.

Thanks Keith!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Apologies - duplicate thread :rolleyes:

Keith's proper feedback thread is here:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/12290-feedback-for-yorks5stringer/page__pid__1596084__st__20#entry1596084

Edited by TheRev

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a rather lovely little Roland bass microcube from York5stringer this weekend. The whole deal was done in 24 hours with plenty of communication and he even delivered the combo to the venue where I was playing a gig on Friday night.

A perfect deal in true Basschat stylee! Cheers Keith!

He's not in Yorkshire though... he's in Dorset. :D

• 2 months later...

I can reconfirm the positive feedback on this thread, you can buy from or sell to Keith with total confidence. Instant and detailed comms, both before, during and after sale, really fast payment by no hassle bank transfer - plus he's a fellow Geordie (though now in Dorset) and a really nice guy. He now owns a Godin A5 and I'm glad its Keith whose got it!

• 5 months later...

Keith sold me his Squier VM jazz.

He packed it amazingly well, proving that if you take enough care it is possible to send basses by courier safely.
He custom made a hard box, put the bass in a gig bag bubble wrapped inside the hard box, bubble wrapped the box and put it inside a cardboard box for which he custom made handles for. He marked the package instructing the couriers to use the handles and treat it with care.

Therefore the bass arrived in perfect condition. Keith paid extra to insure it as well just in case!
The bass was exactly as described and the flaws which he noted in his description were frankly almost non-existent.

All communication was friendly and pleasant.
I'm very happy with my transaction with Keith..