Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 7215SM combo *withdrawn*

Ray

I've finally got round to selling my Trace Elliot 7215SM combo. I bought it new around 1997/98. I'm pretty sure it's a pre-Gibson model (the one without built-in compression).

***The speaker does tend to cut out and crackle from time to time. I've checked the speaker connections and they seem fine. The same thing happened a few years ago. Took it to my local music shop and they repaired it for £50. Turned out it was a dry joint in the amp.*** FIXED

It's been well gigged so it's a little shabby but it's a great sounding amp. Original user guide included.

I would prefer collection but delivery (at buyers cost) could be arranged depending on location.

£200

To see pictures click [url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g29/raydnhunter/CIMG0312.jpg"]here[/url], [url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g29/raydnhunter/CIMG0313.jpg"]here[/url] and [url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g29/raydnhunter/CIMG0314.jpg"]here[/url].

Cheers,

R

Edited by Ray

[quote name='Ray' date='Jan 28 2008, 01:16 PM' post='129247']
I've finally got round to selling my Trace Elliot 7215 combo. I bought it new around 1997/98. I'm pretty sure it's a pre-Gibson model (the one without built-in compression).

The speaker does tend to cut out and crackle from time to time. I've checked the speaker connections and they seem fine. The same thing happened a few years ago. Took it to my local music shop and they repaired it for £50. Turned out it was a dry joint in the amp.

It's been well gigged so it's a little shabby but it's a great sounding amp. I have the original user guide and I think I have the original box somewhere too.

I would prefer collection but delivery (at buyers cost) could be arranged depending on location.

Any offers?

Cheers,

hi,has the amp got the vinyl or the greeny carpet covering?also has it 2 port holes,cheers tony.

[quote name='bassmansky' post='131543' date='Jan 31 2008, 08:59 PM']hi,has the amp got the vinyl or the greeny carpet covering?also has it 2 port holes,cheers tony.[/quote]

It has carpet covering and 2 port holes.

I have had the amp fixed and it is now in perfect working order.

Looking for £250.

Cheers,
Ray

[quote name='BassManKev' post='135960' date='Feb 7 2008, 06:19 PM']im guessin you decided against the torque?[/quote]

Oh yeah sh*t I forgot about that... Choices choices! She seemed pretty against getting me a bass amp though so I dunno... I'll probs have to wait for my next student loan before I can splash out... Good luck to both of you!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='136210' date='Feb 8 2008, 12:45 AM']is delivery to bristol possible?? i didnt realise the price had dropped to £200, i can afford that :)

let me know[/quote]

PM'd

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='142070' date='Feb 17 2008, 07:49 PM']I'm surprise no ones bitten your hand off for this. I sold mine for £260 a couple of weeks ago and it was exactly the same model as this so someone will get a bargain at £200. I'm kind of missing mine a little bit :) .[/quote]
I know! I thought I'd be shot of it in no time at this price.

Missing yours eh? You could buy mine and still be 60 quid up :huh:

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='142660' date='Feb 18 2008, 06:45 PM']That would be very tempting if yours is half the weight that mine was. :)[/quote]
Yours was the model with the built-in anvil, right?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ray' post='148861' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:56 AM']Still available. Surely a bargain at £200![/quote]

I just bought one of these for a ridiculous low amount because the guy was extremely desperate. There is one for sale on ebay for £399 as I write this. They are worth well in excess of what your asking and whoever gets it will be getting a right bargain

Ian

[quote name='BassManKev' post='149566' date='Mar 1 2008, 06:57 PM']i dont think anyone would get £399 for one, £200-£300 is about right, so its a great price[/quote]

I would think your right, However......

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trace-Elliot-GP7-300W-580W-peak-Bass-Amp-Combo_W0QQitemZ180204414692QQihZ008QQcategoryZ58719QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem"]Same model on Ebay[/url]

you seen the blx80 that ends in 4 hours, startin bid 200....

i feel sorry for some people who cant accept how much the older trace stuff loses value. i emailed the blx guy several times telling him there was no way he'd get 200 for it, maybe not even half that, but to no avail...