Why become a member? ×

Shall I get rid of this forum then?

ped

[quote name='ped' post='129248' date='Jan 28 2008, 01:18 PM']Hi folks

This forum was intended as a test forum to see how many people were interested and would use it - it seems that all but one or two of you are not able to contribute. Shall I close it down?

ped[/quote]

Nah! I am living in hope that there are some killer loops going to be put in here... but alas...

[quote name='ped' post='129268' date='Jan 28 2008, 01:43 PM']It would be excellent if it took off wouldn't it![/quote]

Absolutley. I reckon it should be a rerequisite of people being on here. They must upload a loop! (a useful one of course)

• 10 months later...

- the stuff I've posted was intended thus:

a - if you have nothing else to play along with, drum machine, that bloke Phil Allgaps that hangs around other musicians...etc this might do until something better comes along
b - a starting point from which new rhythm's can emerge..
and 3 - genuine 'feels' (albeit only for however many beats/bars in the loop) played by original funky drummers - most of the stuff is from the 70's - it will improve the groove but is no replacement for Phil.

I liked musematts line over the 'Scorpio' break...

Perhaps a competition might get a bit of interest going - pick a loop; record a lick; post your efforts; vote; win a basschat t-shirt...?

just MTCW

BTW the letter b keeps going uppercase and turning into a smiley when I put a ) next to it - is that supposed to happen?

ttfn

Edited by planethead

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='374333' date='Jan 8 2009, 07:22 PM']Please leave it up ped.[/quote]

I'm sure Ped is open to any and all suggestions and won't be offended. As one of the few people contributing to support this forum I think I've earned my two cents worth ;-) leave it up!

ttfn

Edited by planethead

[quote name='MythSte' post='374494' date='Jan 8 2009, 09:52 PM']Okay, im gonna get cracking on a few now.

Im just going to keep them as drum loops and make them a bit longer, it annoyed me for hours trying to work out how to loop the small clips![/quote]

which ones were you having a problem with? I'm going to be posting more so if there's something in particular let me know.

ttfn

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

no dont...
ive been muddling along with some books and really finding it hard. i read a thread on here earlier today saying to play music in the background so i tried it this morning using one of the funk samples. after a few slow starts i remembered where the fingers go and finally got the metronome from 80 to 120bpm. whilst it is probably not what the samples are for it helped me. oh and i am not moving like an automaton now either the head is bobbing and the foot is tapping :)
many thanks
off now to thank the sample poster

• 1 month later...