Why become a member? ×

Looking for Fender bridge intonation screw

Paultrader

Paul,

I've recently hunted down some longer (1.75") intonation screws for the G and D saddles on my 72 jazz which I eventually got from LAS Aerospace (www.lasaero.com) who were very helpful.

The spec of the standard intonation screw for a 70s bridge is [b]6-32 UNC x 1.5" pan head phillips [/b](6-32 UNC indicates the shaft diameter and thread count). If you email LAS Aero I'm sure they'll be able to dig some up for you. The screws only cost 10p each but their minimum order is £5.

If the longer 1.75" screws will work for you then PM me your address and I'll drop a set in the post to you.

Ian

Many thanks for your help,

Will try Allparts and post how I get on. Interestingly, I've no idea how long I had been playing without it there. The string was keeping everything else in place and it was only when I came to change them that it all collapsed! It's not my first bass these days (cherished and semi-retired), so it doesn't get massive use.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dougie' post='1147350' date='Mar 2 2011, 05:01 PM']Im just curious guys but is it really important its the correct Fender screw?,ive worked with nuts and bolts all my days and yet to see a screw of any length,pitch,head or finish that cant be found.[/quote]

Doesn't have to be Fender as long as it's the right spec IMO. The long G intonation screws aren't available from Fender anyway and I sourced mine from an aerospace parts supplier.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I found this thread through a google search, after looking for the extra long bridge length screws for my 70's P bass with custom Jazz neck.

On my bass it seems I need the extra longer ones for the G and the D string, and possible the A string aswell, to get the intonation right.

My question is, are these ones the longer ones? Or is this the standard lenght? http://www.allparts.com/GS-0010-005-Steel-Bridge-Length-Screws_p_1735.html

And is [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]LAS Aero the only place to buy the longer ones? (inconvenient since t[/color][/font]he screws only cost 10p each but their minimum order is £5).

simenschi, the Allparts screws are standard 1 1/2" length. If you're in the UK drop me a pm with your address and I'll post you a couple of longer 1 3/4" screws. You should only need them for the G and D strings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1351785823' post='1855392']
simenschi, the Allparts screws are standard 1 1/2" length. If you're in the UK drop me a pm with your address and I'll post you a couple of longer 1 3/4" screws. You should only need them for the G and D strings.
[/quote]ikay, I have a 73 Jazz where the "D" saddle is hanging off the end of the intonation screw. The "G" saddle is the longer one. Can you advise me where your found 1 3/4" screws.

• 1 month later...

Help - also looking for 1 3/4 screws supplier.

MIM Fender P-Bass - Just added a GOTOH 201 to my p-bass, i decided to use the old fender barrels(Fender=8mm -- GOTOH=10mm) and re-drill the intonation screws holes to 4mm, just to keep the action as low as possible. All worked great untill setting the intonation, just like the others the G and D string screws are too short.

If anyone wants the GOTOH barrels and intonation screws, let me know.

Edited by rmcki