22 replies to this topic

#21 skankdelvar

Hyper Elite Tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

Bob

Thanks for clarifying the CD issue. Bootlegs, traders, etc - it all makes perfect sense now. :)

#22 Bassassin

Acronym Research & Selection Executive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts
  • Interests:Things with strings, things with wheels, things with wires, things with buttons, things with sliders, things with fluff, things with mandibles, things with digits, amongst other things.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

View PostThe Burpster, on Feb 26 2011, 09:18 AM, said:

Pete,

As the above post, to some degree I agree with you however, it has already been argued (by current BC members) that an iPhone was a music interface, a hard drive that had only had music saved on it, Countless notebooks are 'just used for music'.

It is not an I/O question. You are correct that so much has become digitised that the lines are blurring. There are many issues around licences, Corrupted software, hardware integration issues, that it was the common concensus of most (not all) the mods but definately the site owners that the only sure way to protect the integrity of the site and its members was to not allow the sale of these on here and as above steer the potential vendor towards ebay.

Bob
That's fair enough but doesn't that make a lot of recording equipment per se a potentially grey area? For example, a couple of weeks ago I was seriously considering a mixer/interface which was for sale here, & like a lot of such kit, it came bundled with multitrack software. Is this sort of thing still OK?

Jon.

Captain JapCrap is currently wielding the following items of Vintage Nipponese firewood:

CSL Custom Jazz :: Kasuga EB-750 "Rickenbugger" :: Ibanez 2366B Precision :: Ibanez RS924 Roadster

And in Contemporary Korean Driftwood:

Aria STB-GT Sex-On-A-Stick

And introducing the FreakBass Circus:

Tokai B-135 Talbo :: Yamaha SBV500 :: Ibanez EDA900 Ergodyne :: Hohner B2A Steinbugger

Posted Image

"...peculiar and incoherent music about bees, pigeons and death in deep space..."

http://www.maya29.co.uk

#23 The Burpster

Schrödinger's catfood........

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Interests:Bass, Bikes, Guns, Golf....using every 24 hours wisely!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

View PostBassassin, on Feb 26 2011, 05:15 PM, said:

That's fair enough but doesn't that make a lot of recording equipment per se a potentially grey area? For example, a couple of weeks ago I was seriously considering a mixer/interface which was for sale here, & like a lot of such kit, it came bundled with multitrack software. Is this sort of thing still OK?

Jon.

Jon,

I'm not going to be anal retentive about it. If its a driver for an external mixer or interface and its legit than that's way different than selling bootlegged Pro logic...?

As I alluded to its a difficult area and I intentionally built in a short review so that if there are mahoosive conflicts between the current set up and what BCers would like then I can and will facilitate negotiations to try and achieve a concensus.

At this time its about setting boundries that give the users an idea what the playing field looks like - It may over time need a bit of levelling but then no set of rules is perfect first time out.....

Far be it from me to suggest a degree of economy about whats listed but I'm sure correctly worded adverts would be more than acceptable!

Bob.
Every day you wake up is a good day!

Bob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users