Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn due to lack of intrest

Guest subaudio

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='subaudio' post='1156426' date='Mar 10 2011, 11:40 AM']Hi Folks, in the spirit of honesty I am putting this on hold, I took it out of the bag yesterday after a gig on Saturday and the back has come unglued around the bottom.

I have never had any issues with this bass before now and I believe a fix is straightforward, I'll put it back up as soon as it's repaired and I'm confident in it.
Gutted :)[/quote]

There is a curious set of events in place here (nothing suspicious I can assure you). All will become clear when the other BCer concerned posts below!

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1156453' date='Mar 10 2011, 12:09 PM']There is a curious set of events in place here (nothing suspicious I can assure you). All will become clear when the other BCer concerned posts below!

C[/quote]

OK, so the curious set of circumstances is this. I'd agreed to buy Beedster's DB a few weeks ago, but just as we were about to do the deal the damn thing "fell apart". But what has this to do with Marti's DB? Well I was just about to visit Marti to have a serious look at his DB when guess what....

I can remember, when I was a kid, I wanted to have super powers - turns out I do! I can "wreck" any DB simply by expressing an interest in buying it. Time, methinks, to slip my pants on over my trousers and hold the World to ransom.

P :)

[quote name='subaudio' post='1156469' date='Mar 10 2011, 12:20 PM']I'm sorry mate but I'm not catching your drift?

Are you quetioning my honesty? I can post photo's if you like???????[/quote]

So sorry, not at all. About 6 weeks ago I arranged the sale of one of my DBs with a member. Two days before I was going to deliver it, the bass I was keeping emitted a rather alarming cracking sound, all the tension went out of the strings and it dropped about 4 inches closer to the floor - basically the wood around the endpin had cracked and the whole thing literally came apart.

Anyway, we talked last week about other DBs for sale on the forum and we both felt that yours looked like a likely contender to replace the one I was no longer able to sell to him (that's not very well explained, but if you read it a few times it'll make sense!). I'm not sure if he contacted you, but I know he was very interested and was certainly going to . I saw your post earlier and realised that there are clearly supernatural forces at play in that basses he's interested in suddenly cease to function!

Seemed funny to me at the time, doesn't seem so funny now I've written it al down!

Anyway, apologies for my alarming post above (I did say it was innocent). It looks like a lovely DB, hope you get it repaired soon, that he buys it, and that the curse is lifted :)

C

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='philw' post='1156473' date='Mar 10 2011, 12:26 PM']OK, so the curious set of circumstances is this. I'd agreed to buy Beedster's DB a few weeks ago, but just as we were about to do the deal the damn thing "fell apart". But what has this to do with Marti's DB? Well I was just about to visit Marti to have a serious look at his DB when guess what....

I can remember, when I was a kid, I wanted to have super powers - turns out I do! I can "wreck" any DB simply by expressing an interest in buying it. Time, methinks, to slip my pants on over my trousers and hold the World to ransom.

P :)[/quote]

Lookout, it's Double Bass Endpin Breaker Man. Run away..........

[quote name='subaudio' post='1156502' date='Mar 10 2011, 12:40 PM']No worries mate, sorry if I was a bit hot off the blocks, I'm quite upset about this (the bass) had the bass for two years, sometimes doing three gigs a week and not a single issue, I come to sell it and it throws a strop.

They are interesting things DB's aren't they, I'm giving up on DB as I'll never be as good on one as I am on bass guitar and I can't bar the intonation problems anymore.

Sory to hear about your bass, hope it got sorted, the only saving grace in all this is that they are very repairable.[/quote]

Not at all, i must stop posting complete rubbish on other people's threads!

Re DB, I've had the opposite experience, the extra scale length helps me hugely with intonation over fretless bass and whilst I'm mediocre at best on electric (and that's a very generous definition of mediocre I can assure you), I seem to be able to hold my own on DB. In fact, I'd say that playing DB is also really improving my electric playing, you have to work the note so much more, and the timing is so much more critical.

Anyway, I'm hijacking again, all the best with the repair and the sale, I sincerely hope Phil gets it as I'm still feeling guilty over mine!

Chris

[quote name='subaudio' post='1156502' date='Mar 10 2011, 12:40 PM']had the bass for two years, sometimes doing three gigs a week and not a single issue, I come to sell it and it throws a strop.[/quote]

If you had a relationship with someone for two years and then they dumped you, wouldn't your rattle go out of the pram?

• 3 months later...