Why become a member? ×

North West Mini Bass Bash

jwbassman

[quote name='Chris C' post='149697' date='Mar 2 2008, 02:48 AM']Feel free to bring any drinks, there will also be someone armed with a kettle incase anyone requires a warmer beverage. We also have a George Foreman grill, so feel free to bring meats.[/quote]

Could turn into a barbie this, sod the basses, I'm bringing a coolbox full of Corona, and some steaks.

Excellent. So some beer, maybe some tuna steaks, french sticks and angus steaks, a rocket salad, honey roasted Wiltshire ham and Monterey jack cheese for some toasties, olives, sun dried tomatoes, pesto, mayo, wild boar sausages, free range bacon chops, a home made pavlova, and a box of Krispy Kreme donuts.

Anybody going to bring any bass gear?

One freshly completed Omni 10
As a fair number of bass players are interested in Bills cabs this one will be coming down to the meet up in Lytham St Annes...in fact I brought the build forward specifically to bring it down to this event. Only a shame I sold all my DR280's or I would be bringing one of these also. Will be very interesting to compare it against other known branded cabs.

This is a great shot to give an exact idea of size. Its sat next to one of my previous little rehearsal cabs, an old Peavey 210TX (long since reloaded with alternate drivers....)

Dave

Edited by david_l_perry

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='149971' date='Mar 2 2008, 07:52 PM']One freshly completed Omni 10
As a fair number of bass players are interested in Bills cabs this one will be coming down to the meet up in Lytham St Annes...in fact I brought the build forward specifically to bring it down to this event. Only a shame I sold all my DR280's or I would be bringing one of these also. Will be very interesting to compare it against other known branded cabs.

This is a great shot to give an exact idea of size. Its sat next to one of my previous little rehearsal cabs, an old Peavey 210TX (long since reloaded with alternate drivers....)

Dave[/quote]

Bloody hell - is this the same Dave Perry who played with Shady & U4ria and stood in for us (Hugh Jarre Soul Band) from time to time? :)

Edited by niceguyhomer

Those of you who are interested in BFM designs might like to know that I am bringing an Omni 12.

It seems to be the least favoured of the three Omnis, since most go for the easy built of the 10, or the massive bass of the 15. I like it - you can make your own minds up.

Here are the response curves from the BFM site -
[url="http://billfitzmaurice.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=889"]http://billfitzmaurice.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=889[/url]

Edited by Mottlefeeder

[quote name='Chris C' post='148511' date='Feb 28 2008, 05:11 PM']Greetings everyone, I'm Chris from Bluebird Recording Studios. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in March. I also play drums so I will be up for jamming some grooves if any of you fancy it.[/quote]
Hi Chris.
Any chance of a postcode so i can blame the Sat Nav if I get lost, (instead of Mrs BB blaming me.......)

[quote name='jwbassman' post='133592' date='Feb 4 2008, 03:24 PM']Address is Bluebird Studios, Snowdon Road, St annes - [url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Snowdon+Road,+St+annes&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=9.799374,26.696777&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=0"]google maps link[/url], it looks pretty straight forward to get there...[/quote]

BassBunny hope this helps :)

Using that google map link, the arrow should actually be slightly further east along the road - turn right at the T junction and the studio is one of the last units on the left of the Snowdon road. Me and Chris will make some posters or something. Actually we probably won't bother when it comes down to it, so maybe Ste can get here early and we can enslave the young chap.

Hi Folks,
Just to let you know I have got two items for sale that I will be taking with me on the mini bass bash.

They are:
> A pristine, as new Musicman Stingray,
> A Trace Elliot SMX Compressor

For pics go to this link:
[url="http://www.nickcarey.co.uk/page3.htm"]http://www.nickcarey.co.uk/page3.htm[/url]

If you have any questions in the mean time feel free to text me on: 07931-315954
You will get a quick response this way as I have limited email access at the mo.

Cheers
Nick

Edited by nickcarey