Why become a member? ×

North West Mini Bass Bash

jwbassman

Hi guys and gals

Been chatting to a couple of you who are local to me and would appear there maybe sufficient local interest for our very own North West Mini Bass Bash...

This post is to see if the rest you North West bass players - all the ones I don't know... would fancy getting together at some stage soon.

Initial ideas are for somewhere near Preston unless you've got any better ideas - Ped has suggested the Bluebird Studios in St. Annes and is looking into availability.

Dates to be confirmed but hopefully sometime back end of Feb.

If there us sufficient interest we'll try and get something formalised...

Cheers

John

Edited by jwbassman

It's not so grim up north after all :huh: - nice one guys, I'll see what we can do...

How are people fixed 16th, 17th or 23rd of Feb?

Personally the 17th is best for me, but clearly all these dates depend upon venue - whichever one it is being available...

*goes off to find venue :)

Edited by jwbassman

[quote name='jwbassman' post='131489' date='Jan 31 2008, 07:22 PM']Cheer Ped, I've got another option I'm going to explore but not to hopeful, but you never know - nothing ventured nothing gained...

As a guide what sort of 'facilities' will people be expecting?[/quote]

Nothing special, just a roof over your head and some power points ;0)

[url="http://www.bluebirdstudios.co.uk/"]http://www.bluebirdstudios.co.uk/[/url] As you can see, room K5 would be quite nice for a gathering - it is very big (used for recording orchestras) and sounds good too. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them. Always nice to have a bar nearby which bluebird is lacking, though I am sure some beers could be brought along. A Basschat Bring a Bottle Bash

ped

[quote name='jwbassman' post='131729' date='Feb 1 2008, 09:00 AM']Just had a look at the Bluebird website, looks like an ideal location - where exactly is it, I don't know St Annes at all?

Curry sounds like a plan, but driving will mean no beers for me... well go on then, maybe half a shandy :)[/quote]

Bluebird studios is by the tip if that means anything to you! Do you know queensway? Where the planes often fly about 30 foot above your car! Just off there

Ok - Ped's informed me that the studio is booked up until March.

Chris (the guy at the studio), reckons the 16th (same date, different month) of March is looking good, how is everyone fixed for Sunday 16th March?

I appreciate this is getting closer to the national bash but venue availability dictates...

Cost would be £15 per hour but if enough of us go I reckon a maximum of a £5 each would cover it for a good few hours - how long do guys want to be there?

[quote name='ste_m3' post='131927' date='Feb 1 2008, 02:51 PM']Bluebird studios is by the tip if that means anything to you! Do you know queensway? Where the planes often fly about 30 foot above your car! Just off there[/quote]

Hi Ste

Sorry but the tip and queensway mean nothing to me, but i'm guessing it's near the airport :) - can you PM the address, a postcode, or a google map or something...

Cheers

John