Why become a member? ×

Opeth - The Grand Conjuration

Dread Bass

It is not easy analyse the bass sound as it is (nicely?) mixed with the other instruments.

If [u]I[/u] would need to get that kind of sound (this is not the kind of music I play though) I would probably use my boss ODB3 with a little bit reverb and some chorus. Having said that, I think the sound is more down to EQ than effects.

If you play the same song with you band, I wouldn't be so worried about the effects. I think it is more down on how the bass interacts with the other instruments (i.e. EQ and bass-drums-guitar tight synch).

Silent Fly

[i]A quick note: I like the music but to avoid people that don't like to song to listen the entire clip, I suggest you give the exact point where you can listen the sound you are looking for.
[/i]

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='131801' date='Feb 1 2008, 10:39 AM']I would probably use my boss ODB3[/quote]
I often use this as well as the distortion on my ME-50 (together, that is) but if I were trying to imitate Opeth I'd probably just use the ME-50 on its own (never realised he used one too though!) - however, if you just want one pedal to sound like that, I can't recommend the ODB3 enough