Why become a member? ×

i love my VM squier precision so much

nash

i've owned my fair share of £1k+ basses and they were all sweet especially the stingray and DJ4. Just over a year ago i swapped a pink mij fender jazz i had for a mij p with obbm. i've always wanted a quality pbass and now i had one. i immediately fell in love with it. now i've just bought a vm pbass for £100 and i just cant stop looking at it and playing it. probably the best £100 ive ever spent.

i dont think i'll ever change from a p bass. they're all i need. leo got it right pretty much first time.

on my list now is a lakky duck dunn and some kind of p with a sb body and geddy lee style neck looks wise. i would like it to be a normal p bass neck. so possibly a job for mr shuker in the future. every p i have, (3 now) i've taken the volume and tone pots out. i just dont need them. thats one of the reasons why i love them because of their simplicity.

does anyone else love them as much as i do?

Yeah, I love them too! There's something reassuring about the simplicity and that thick neck. I have a Lakland Glaub Skyline that plays and sounds amazing, I just wish it were a little lighter. But I shall keep searching for that elusive superlight p-bass!

Is that the white squier VM p-bass you have?

[quote name='nash' post='133528' date='Feb 4 2008, 12:18 PM']i dont think i'll ever change from a p bass. they're all i need. leo got it right pretty much first time.[/quote]
+1

[quote name='nash' post='133528' date='Feb 4 2008, 12:18 PM']does anyone else love them as much as i do?[/quote]
I do - don't think I'll ever get rid of my Tokai