Why become a member? ×

EHX Pog

jwbassman

I've got a POG and have just bought a Micro-POG for my pedalboard. They're great fun. To give you an idea of some of the sounds available, this was all done with my Cort 6 string and POG..

[url="http://www.alunvaughan.com/OMAHP.mp3"]http://www.alunvaughan.com/OMAHP.mp3[/url]

Cheers
Alun

[quote name='jwbassman' post='136836' date='Feb 8 2008, 08:33 PM']Cheers Alun

Might have to take the plunge and order one... fun sounds like a good description, I'm just not sure how practical it would end up being in my trio context... still might be worth a go :)[/quote]

It is very good for filling out the sound. Both the full size and Micro POGs track pretty much perfectly ( to my years the octave up on the full size POG is a tiny bit more stable) and the low octave keeps tracking right down to the lowest notes on my B string ( although you can barely hear them ;) ). It also tracks chords without any issues so you can make a LOT of noise.

I've used mine in a few ways ( other than recording widdly demos!) - using the octave up settings for an 8 string effect ( or 12 with the detuned setting on the full size POG), using it as a regular octave-down octave divider, adding just a little octave up and down to the direct signal to fill out the sound without it obviously being "harmonised". Plus you can take the direct signal out and do the whole organ/guitar/12 string guitar/mandolin impersonations :huh: The octave down is also stable enough to make a nice bass synthy sound with the direct signal removed.

Yes, I like my POGs!

Cheers
Alun