Why become a member? ×

Anyone seen one?

krazy_olie

[quote name='krazy_olie' post='13431' date='Jun 7 2007, 03:17 AM']I remember that I was really interested in this bass but I couldn't find it anywhere to try it, just wondering if anyone has actually played on one. Will probably pass but I think I've been bit by the jazz bass bug.[/quote]

That's one of several Fender basses that I'd like to play...

But as you point out - where the hell are they?

It'd be good to have a reasonable choice of models,

Even a choice of several of the same model,

Seeing as they are often very inconsistent.

Personally I reckon we get treated pretty badly,

Certainly compared to guitarists, who have a lot more stock to try out.

I agree. It's getting really difficult to find a semi-decent range of basses in local music stores nowadays. There's maybe one or two US Jazzes and precisions with some warwick's thrown for good measure. The rest is usually low end stuff. I've just scored a Jazz Deluxe FMT from ebay. Never seen one before. Hope it's going to be ok.

I had one, very good bass, p-bass punch and 18v active preamp, sounds killer active and passive also has a drop d tuner, and USA pickups including a noiseless jazz in the rear. Can't think of any downsides, wish i still had it

[quote name='steve-norris' post='13615' date='Jun 7 2007, 02:49 PM']I had one, very good bass, p-bass punch and 18v active preamp, sounds killer active and passive also has a drop d tuner, and USA pickups including a noiseless jazz in the rear. Can't think of any downsides, wish i still had it[/quote]
Looks to be just what I'm after. It seems there are two models though, the standard and the custom. Does the standard have 18v pre amp as well? The standard looks to be about £550 and the custom about £1900 is it that much better? Can anyone help?
:)

[quote name='Hutton' post='13442' date='Jun 7 2007, 08:30 AM']I agree. It's getting really difficult to find a semi-decent range of basses in local music stores nowadays. There's maybe one or two US Jazzes and precisions with some warwick's thrown for good measure. The rest is usually low end stuff. I've just scored a Jazz Deluxe FMT from ebay. Never seen one before. Hope it's going to be ok.[/quote]

I usually have to travel at least 30 miles to find anything beyond a Mexican Fender or a 150 watt combo. :) And I don't even have a car.

[quote name='Hutton' post='14644' date='Jun 9 2007, 03:16 PM']The FMT is here. It's lurvly!
[attachment=581:P1010085.JPG][/quote]

Oh!, You must be beside yourself. Inlays and finish are Freakin' sweet.