Why become a member? ×

SpeakOns?

ashevans09

Howdy hey,

Placing an order for my new cabs tomorrow ( :huh: ;) ;) ), and these little chappies come with speakOn connectors. My head can do speakOn connections, though what's the advantage of using these?

Secondly, say i have a 2 ohm amp, if i put two 4 ohm cabs into it via speakOns will I still be able to put more cabs in via the jacks, or do they all run off the same bit? I'm know the probable answer is that I can run just the two, but you gotta ask :)

Cheers,

Ash

The main advantage of speakons is it stops numpties connecting their cabs up with signal leads. Other than that they are just the same as jacks except they twist to lock so they cant be pulled out.

And no you cant put extra cabs on using jacks. Min load is the same whether using jacks or speakons.

[quote name='3V17C' post='136477' date='Feb 8 2008, 12:57 PM']wrong, wrong, wrong[/quote]

In addition to what bass_ferret said Speakons provide a larger contact area, lower contact resistance and higher current capacity than jacks.