Why become a member? ×

Barge Concepts

papadesophie

To all FX using bassists. I've just taken delivery of a VFB2 from Barge Concepts having read a couple of threads on here referring to them. My message to all is - get one! All of a sudden I can use mu old DOD 250 to get a bit of crunch without losing my nice fat bottom! In fact all my effects can be made to sound fuller and more bassy. The feedback loop is an unnecessary but interesting and usable extra, and I'm looking forward to making all manner of effects feed back on themselves.
Seriously, everyone should check these out! [url="http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html"]http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html[/url]

[quote name='Finbar' post='138400' date='Feb 11 2008, 06:58 PM']How much did you get hit for on import charges? Really want one.[/quote]

£4.48 (VAT basically on their 'nominal' value, they're obviously pretty switched on to our import system! Plus the post office's f***ing ridiculous £8 'handling charge'. I mean for Christ's sake, shouldn't the charge for postage be considered something of a handling charge? Totally worth it though. It's like buying a whole new pedal board for the price of 1 pedal....

[quote name='Finbar' post='138421' date='Feb 11 2008, 07:29 PM']Aye, just looked that up. For an extra $10, I can't see why ANYONE would buy that VFBjr... Unless they are really pressed for space? :/[/quote]
Join the mailing list. Mailing list members get a few discounts and first dibs on new stuff. Think (but not sure) the VB Jr was $89 or $95 to mailing list members.

i got myn today and i love it, havent fully got to grips with it yet though - will crank it tommorow and have a proper play.

but beware - the guy said it would take a maximum of 10 days to make and a max of 7 days delivery PLUS there would be no import tax on it, because of the price he put on the box. however, it took 5 weeks delivery, and i got charged £14 import tax...

maybe i was just an anomaly though.

but its pretty much a vital tool on anyones board, even if they dont particularly need it, you will definetly find a use for it at some point.

im running my EBS multidrive through it, because i want my clean tone with just a bit of crunch.

[quote name='StiffyP' post='141440' date='Feb 15 2008, 11:40 PM']i got myn today and i love it, havent fully got to grips with it yet though - will crank it tommorow and have a proper play.

but beware - the guy said it would take a maximum of 10 days to make and a max of 7 days delivery PLUS there would be no import tax on it, because of the price he put on the box. however, it took 5 weeks delivery, and i got charged £14 import tax...

maybe i was just an anomaly though.

but its pretty much a vital tool on anyones board, even if they dont particularly need it, you will definetly find a use for it at some point.

im running my EBS multidrive through it, because i want my clean tone with just a bit of crunch.[/quote]

Was that £14 total, cos at least £8 of that would be the PO. Mine took a while to turn up it's true, about 4 weeks I guess, but not too bad...

• 4 weeks later...

Bumpety-bump.

[url="http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vbjr.html"]http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vbjr.html[/url]

I'm very much considering a purchase. Can someone possibly give me the low-down in simplistic terms? I'm just looking to be able to crowbar in a lump of clean tone with my effects which possible (?) with this chappy.

I know there's a larger/more complex version, but I'd really like to keep my board small if possible If you think the benefits of the bigger pedal are so great that it would be pointless getting the micro one, lemme know. But keep in mind I'm not really wanting anything fancy from this, just some underlying beef when using slightly trebly/tone-sucking units.

[quote name='Clunge' post='155263' date='Mar 11 2008, 01:11 PM']Bumpety-bump.

[url="http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vbjr.html"]http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vbjr.html[/url]

I'm very much considering a purchase. Can someone possibly give me the low-down in simplistic terms? I'm just looking to be able to crowbar in a lump of clean tone with my effects which possible (?) with this chappy.

I know there's a larger/more complex version, but I'd really like to keep my board small if possible If you think the benefits of the bigger pedal are so great that it would be pointless getting the micro one, lemme know. But keep in mind I'm not really wanting anything fancy from this, just some underlying beef when using slightly trebly/tone-sucking units.[/quote]

The bigger one just has a feedback loop. Useful if you want to make crazy noises.
But if you just want a clean tone blended with an effected one, then the Jr is the box for you :)

Theres also another Jr model coming out soon that will let you control the blended amount with an expression pedal...

Crazy noises are not really something I'm requiring :). Just need a beefy, fuzzy tone for certain songs and a thick, heavy tone for others. Basically, need to low-end to be kept as much as possible (playing in a three piece, riffy sort of band).

I see where you're coming from, and based on your spec, I would say the VFBjr is the thing to go for... But like I said earlier, the price difference is SO small, you might as well go for the VFB-2? Unless you have very little space, and know you will NEVER use the feedback loop...

Well... I personally, within the bounds of the music we're playing, can't see any real use for the feedback loop. And yes, I'm working on a very compact board tbh, about 7/8 pedals inc. looper but they're all quite compact pedals. It'll be interesting to see how I can fit it all into my board :).

Might have to look for something a bit bigger...