Why become a member? ×

We Are Scientists

Jono Bolton

You're right on both counts. When we played with them in the early days Chris used a blonde 4003 through a Ampeg BA500. A year later he switched to to Gibson Thunderbirds through a CL and 410 HLF. I think this is what the album was recorded with. Effects wise he used a US Big Muff and that's it.

Shame Michael left.

I had no idea Michael had left. Just checked their Myspace there and there's barely anything to indicate he'd ever been in the band, which is lame because I really enjoyed his drumming. It was all over the place and one of the things that drew me to the band, what was the reason for him leaving? I've gotta say, Cain looks better without the moustache

Judging from the studio photos Chris has quite a few basses to choose from; Thunderbird, Rick, a P and a J!

Both times I've seen them he's been using a T-Bird though. It is a shame that Michael left, I saw them late last year at Brookes in Oxford and they were nowhere near as magic as they were previously in Bristol. It seemed like they'd hurriedly found a drummer and auxiliary guitarist in order to meet the touring commitments.

I do think part of the charm was the three of them together, and Michaels drumming was superb. He does play on the new album though, hopefully they'll find a suitable replacement.