Why become a member? ×

My new practice rig.

dave_bass5

After spending way too long at gigs trying to learn songs back stage without an amp and not being able ot hear a thing i was playing i thought this might do the trick.
Its got a 3watt (10 watt max) amp and speaker built in to the case.
Seems to work ok. At least i can hear myself now.

[quote name='RichardH' post='139656' date='Feb 13 2008, 04:43 PM']Got a link for the CD case thingy?[/quote]
I didnt get it here but this is the same one, just in a different colour

[url="http://www.digitalpromo.co.uk/tdk-outloud-12-cd-walletcase-with-built-in-portable-speaker-retail-p-2857.html"]TDK Outloud[/url]

They do a stereo one as well but its bigger.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='139082' date='Feb 12 2008, 08:49 PM']After spending way too long at gigs trying to learn songs back stage without an amp and not being able ot hear a thing i was playing i thought this might do the trick.[/quote]

so you often learn songs backstage before going on to play? do you do a lot of last minute depping?

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='139702' date='Feb 13 2008, 05:17 PM']so you often learn songs backstage before going on to play? do you do a lot of last minute depping?[/quote]

No, not last minute depping.
Here's the situation.
I and 2 other bass players play with a covers band who do mainly weddings and parties. They are out every week so it depends who is available and although we normally have lots of notice about the gigs we (the whole band in general) dont always have enough notice about the first dance or requests. They have a very large selection of songs and none of us bass players know them all plus they dont play a lot of the songs any more. But if someone requests something that we might all know we try and get it in before the end of the night. Normally going over them during the breaks. Also its been known that the bass players will turn up knowing the first dance but the others haven't all learnt it yet so again, it means some back stage playing before we go on. Normally i get by with just sitting in while they go over the songs but its nice to be able to join in and hear myself.

I just wanted to add that speaker in the CD case isnt that loud with the Bass going through it but its enough for me to hear what im playing.

Edited by dave_bass5