Why become a member? ×

Fender American Jazz bass (with S-1 pickups) VS Geddy Jazz bass

Bassmurf

[quote name='Bassmurf' post='139261' date='Feb 13 2008, 08:37 AM']Have narrowed down my choice - but can't decide between which of these two to get!
The Geddy jazz is about £50 cheaper form what I can find out!
Has any one got/used/tried the fenders with the S-1 pickup switching system?[/quote]

Hi Bassmurf, I've tried the Fender with S1 switching, still got it. Nothing wrong with the bass at all although I'm not a fan of the S1, it was said to give a P bass tone/sound....buy a P bass rather than have a switch that sort of gives you that tone. It's more of a softer, hollow type of tone, not much cop at all. The bass is a good old USA love it and play it loads. Some players like the switch as I'm sure you'll find out.

I also owned a Geddy too, another great bass, in build and quality just like a USA in my opinion. One subtle difference is the ULTRA slim neck profile nowhere near a USA profile. My Geddy had a narly, bright, grinding sort of tone. Both great basses.
The only reason I sold my Geddy was to fund a CIJ Fretless :)