Why become a member? ×

Help with some simple bass lines..

toys19

I am learning (still after umpteen years) and have joined a little band locally. we have an unpaid gig coming up at a local music festival, my very first..

So there are some tracks that the band already play but I need to provide some basic bass lines for, unfortunately I cannot find anything on the bass tab sites so I wonder if anyone here knows these songs or is sharp enough to work out the tab without going to too much effort.
Songs are

James River Blues by Old Crow Medicine Show
I hear them all by Old Crow Medicine Show
My Oklahoma Home by Bruce Springsteen

I can provide mp3's of all three taken from my cd's if you want.

[quote name='toys19' post='1218929' date='May 3 2011, 06:04 PM']I am learning (still after umpteen years) and have joined a little band locally. we have an unpaid gig coming up at a local music festival, my very first..

So there are some tracks that the band already play but I need to provide some basic bass lines for, unfortunately I cannot find anything on the bass tab sites so I wonder if anyone here knows these songs or is sharp enough to work out the tab without going to too much effort.
Songs are

James River Blues by Old Crow Medicine Show
I hear them all by Old Crow Medicine Show
My Oklahoma Home by Bruce Springsteen

I can provide mp3's of all three taken from my cd's if you want.[/quote]
They're all on YouTube & that's a lot safer than offering to post/send mp3s as that gets into all sorts of copyright issues.

A quick listen suggests that a simple Root-5th Country style line ought to work with all three, so you really just need the chords to get your head around the changes...

[url="http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/o/old_crow_medicine_show/james_river_blues_crd.htm"]James River Blues[/url]
[url="http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/o/old_crow_medicine_show/i_hear_them_all_crd.htm"]I Hear Them All[/url]
[url="http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/bruce_springsteen/my_oklahoma_home_crd.htm"]My Oklahoma Home[/url]

Caveat: I haven't tried them, so I don't know how accurate they are.

Good luck with the gig & don't forget to A) post a thread telling us when it's on - you never know, some local BC'ers might chip up, & :) we'll expect a full post-match report.

Oh, forgot one... C) Enjoy it - it's the best fun you can have with your clothes on :)

Pete