Why become a member? ×

Flanger Pedal Recommendations

Treeb

Many moons ago, when I played bass in my youth, I had an amp which (believe it or not) had a build in flanger effect (if anyone is interested, it was a 100W OHM head with a 7 band EQ and aforementioned flanger). At the time I became quite partial to a little bit of flange. 20-something years on, I'm now on the flange hunt once again. Can anyone recommend a decent flanger pedal?

Thanks.

Many thanks for all of the suggestions. I've just (this lunchtime) been offered a Boss BF-3 for £30 by someone with more money than sense (he has a home studio full of expensive stuff he doesn't use!) so I'll be giving that one a go :) Hopefully it will compare well to the BF-2B.

[quote name='Treeb' post='13812' date='Jun 7 2007, 08:34 PM']At the time I became quite partial to a little bit of flange. 20-something years on, I'm now on the flange hunt once again.[/quote]

Flange... Can't live with it, can't live without it..
Personally I prefer a shaved flange....

• 1 month later...

Just got this topic back up to say that being so impressed with my MXR Chorus, I tried their Flanger as well and was absolutely blown away! My BF-2B sounds like a toy compared to it, same as my Boss Bass Chorus sounded like a toy compared to the MXR... I'm definitely getting one soon (and selling the BF-2B). I find it hard to believe that the Aria could be even better, but if so, wow!

[quote name='Treeb' post='14171' date='Jun 8 2007, 01:25 PM']Many thanks for all of the suggestions. I've just (this lunchtime) been offered a Boss BF-3 for £30 by someone with more money than sense (he has a home studio full of expensive stuff he doesn't use!) so I'll be giving that one a go :huh: Hopefully it will compare well to the BF-2B.[/quote]
I actually ended up with an FL-9 ... the guy who was selling me his BF-3 'accidentally ran it over it with his Land Rover' :) and offered be an FL-9 instead! I'm quite impressed as it delivers a nice 'round' tone which is just what I'm after.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='40875' date='Aug 3 2007, 12:56 PM'][url="http://myselfalone.com/tayste2000/AriaFL-10New.mp3"]http://myselfalone.com/tayste2000/AriaFL-10New.mp3[/url][/quote]
Jesus !!!
Next time, please warn us before step on your VFBs feedback loop ((im assuming thats what happened at 2:27)) - I must've jumped about a foot when that happened !!! :)

[quote name='Treeb' post='40884' date='Aug 3 2007, 01:12 PM']I actually ended up with an FL-9 ... the guy who was selling me his BF-3 'accidentally ran it over it with his Land Rover' :) and offered be an FL-9 instead! I'm quite impressed as it delivers a nice 'round' tone which is just what I'm after.[/quote]

He's lying... a Boss pedal would easily come out unscathed from any type of road accident :huh:

[quote name='Roady' post='40894' date='Aug 3 2007, 01:44 PM']Jesus !!!
Next time, please warn us before step on your VFBs feedback loop ((im assuming thats what happened at 2:27)) - I must've jumped about a foot when that happened !!! :)[/quote]

My VFB is custom and doesn't have the feedback loop I used a Tone Factor Mobius for that.