Why become a member? ×

Original 1970s Musitronics Mu-Tron 3 - SOLD

Nickytwister

Hi guys,
Got an original 70s Musitronics Mu-Tron 3, early serial 07XXX
It's got new feet, knobs and battery cover lock, bought from New York.
Just had it serviced & new photocell fitted.
No PSU or box - batteries only.
Good used condition.
Will ship to the UK for £350 all-up. NOW £295
POA on foreign shipments.
PayPal or cash on collection please.
Cheers!
Nick

Edited by Nickytwister

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='1232983' date='May 16 2011, 01:05 PM']Hi guys,
Got an original 70s Musitronics Mu-Tron 3, early serial 07XXX
It's got new feet, knobs and battery cover lock, bought from New York.
Just had it repaired (new photocell) and serviced.
No PSU or box - batteries only.
Good used condition.
Will ship to the UK for £350 all-up. Price drop - £320.
POA on foreign shipments.
PayPal or cash on collection please.
Cheers!
Nick[/quote]
Where did you get it serviced? I need to do mine.

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1285711' date='Jun 28 2011, 09:18 PM']I would suspect that it is was Lingenberg Sound in the States if I had to guess![/quote]

I'm not sure, but I think Nick might have put it in to The GigRig as they were the guys that did mine. As I said not sure though. I'm sure Nick will be along soon to spill the beans :)

Oh yeah I forgot that they worked on them too - didn't your PSU for yours come from them?

Either way it is a great price for a vintage 'tron and I wish it had been about when I bought mine.

[quote name='Higgie' post='1285934' date='Jun 29 2011, 12:12 AM']I'm not sure, but I think Nick might have put it in to The GigRig as they were the guys that did mine. As I said not sure though. I'm sure Nick will be along soon to spill the beans :)[/quote]

Hi guys,
I ended up getting Chris Ward - an electronics whizz & general bass expert - to go through it with a fine-toothed comb. I got schematics for it, found the dodgy component which was a photocell which triggered the sweep, bought one from New York (HAZ Labs, who hold original spares)
That cured the problem.
Higgie - held off the GigRig thing though I still think it's a great idea to get it sorted.
Cheers!
N

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1286046' date='Jun 29 2011, 08:32 AM']Oh yeah I forgot that they worked on them too - didn't your PSU for yours come from them?

Either way it is a great price for a vintage 'tron and I wish it had been about when I bought mine.[/quote]

Yup - They installed 2 Virtual Batteries and a DC Jack allowing it to be daisy chained like any other pedal.

Good idea Nick. It's the photocells that usually go in them, so glad you were able to source one! Good luck with the sale. If I didn't already have one I'd be snapping this up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...