Why become a member? ×

Easiest to use and most versatile looper?

Russ

I've been on the lookout for a looping box, as it might be a fun thing to play around with... anyone got any recommendations? It needs to be easy to use in a live situation and versatile. I was looking at the Line6 DL4 and the Boss RC-50 (pricey, but rather good, apparently).

Suggestions? :)

[quote name='Russ' post='13911' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:11 PM']I've been on the lookout for a looping box, as it might be a fun thing to play around with... anyone got any recommendations? It needs to be easy to use in a live situation and versatile. I was looking at the Line6 DL4 and the Boss RC-50 (pricey, but rather good, apparently).

Suggestions? :)[/quote]

+1
Definately most versatile for the money. You'd be looking at RC-50 and Gibson Echoplex money to get better.
The Jam Man has a way better mic preamp and overall sound than the RC20xl, it's more reliable and has USB and expendable memory.
My girlfriend even uses hers to record with. She just records straight into it then drags it straight off into her computer. Easy.

I have and use the RC-50. It's expensive, but that's because it's actually incredible.

www.isound.com/kev_cooke

All Along The Way (live) and, Sky High were both recorded/performed with the RC-50. The recordings of Sky High on my myspace was made using the RC20-XL (the difference in sound quality is night and day) and the recordings I Sit I Stare I Contemplate are both the same, also both done with the RC20-XL.

I bought the RC-20XL initially, but was so impressed by the idea I was craving more possibilities. I took it back, full refund and cash on top to get the RC-50. Save yourself the time and just get the RC-50 ;-)

The only other looper I would buy, if I really could afford to shell out, would be the looperlative.

for those of you after a headrush, there's one on ebay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Akai-Headrush-Head-Rush-Guitar-Loop-echo-delay-pedal_W0QQitemZ260124784969QQihZ016QQcategoryZ22669QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]here[/url]

dunno if thats the going rate tho'

[quote name='steve' post='14112' date='Jun 8 2007, 12:12 PM']for those of you after a headrush, there's one on ebay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Akai-Headrush-Head-Rush-Guitar-Loop-echo-delay-pedal_W0QQitemZ260124784969QQihZ016QQcategoryZ22669QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]here[/url]

dunno if thats the going rate tho'[/quote]

Less than £100 seems about right to me.