meister poster affe schlampe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

Cheers Ed! Any piccies on BC?

View Postpaul, the, on Jul 16 2007, 04:24 PM, said:

I wonder what amp he used.

Acoustic I think. (I'm talking to myself now. So what's new?)

(Stop it! :) )
(Grr)
“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.”

~Plato

#62 EdwardHimself

Hyper elite loser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Interests:Music (obvs).

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:01 PM

that's pretty much the only pic ur likely to find anywhere. Attached File  monthly_07_2007/post-477-1185055207.jpg   205.48K
i didn't use a flash in this pic- it really is that shiny. And if ur lucky u might find one with both p/u covers on it. Mine came with the bridge cover but i put some new strings on it and the ball ends were too big for it :) note how the finger rest is actually on the right side for fingerstyle playing.

oh and who doesn't talk to themselves- really?

Edited by EdwardHimself, 21 July 2007 - 10:08 PM.

EH

#63 paul, the

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

View PostEdwardHimself, on Jul 21 2007, 11:01 PM, said:

that's pretty much the only pic ur likely to find anywhere. Attachment P3110002.JPG
i didn't use a flash in this pic- it really is that shiny. And if ur lucky u might find one with both p/u covers on it. Mine came with the bridge cover but i put some new strings on it and the ball ends were too big for it :) note how the finger rest is actually on the right side for fingerstyle playing.

oh and who doesn't talk to themselves- really?

She's very pretty, and I'm very jealous. My search has turned up some 20 odd Japanese brands that make the bass, Bassassin has been a big help.
“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.”

~Plato

#64 EdwardHimself

Hyper elite loser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Interests:Music (obvs).

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

haha i finally found a decent, published refrence to columbus. Aparently the Rob armstrong cornflakes box guitar used the hardware and pickups off a columbus les paul copy. They were also selling one of these down at the guitar shop i got that bass from aswell. (the LP copy, not the cornflakes guitar!)
EH

#65 john_the_bass

Leicester Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Interests:This, that and t'other

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

VAT question - if you're VAT registered does that mean that you don't have to pay VAT on imports (but still the import duty)?

#66 BigRedX

RockinRollin VampireMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,784 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

If you're VAT registered you can claim the VAT back on any imports but not the Customs Duty (or the clearance fees?)

However some carriers (FedEx definitely and definitely not Parcel Force) seem to have some sort agreement with UK customs where if they know that the delivery address is a VAT registered business there doesn't seem to be any fees at all to pay. I have all items that won't fit through my letter box at home delivered to my workplace, and I don't think I've ever had to pay VAT or duty on anything that has come via FedEx. I can remember the first time I bought something from the US (for work) that was being delivered by FedEx they contacted me for the business VAT number before they would deliver. Since then I can't recall ever having to pay VAT or duty on any item that's come via FedEx whether it's for my work or for me personally. I can't claim to know exactly how or why this has happened (or if my work is getting hit for customs and VAT bills at a later date and just pays them without realising that the items are for me rather than the business) but it's been good so far.

YMMV as they say though...

Posted Image

#67 mr_russ

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

I just today got hold of my jap '75 reissue jazz today- I'll stick up a review in the next couple of days

r

#68 paul, the

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

View Postmr_russ, on Jul 31 2007, 09:01 PM, said:

I just today got hold of my jap '75 reissue jazz today- I'll stick up a review in the next couple of days

r

And piccies :)

~Plato

#69 dood

Basschat Lifer

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

Thought I'd take this opportunity to share my imported Jap 70's Fender P. This is a non -export model.

How she arrived, looking very Phil Lynott
Posted Image

And how she looks now, all John Deacon.
Posted Image

Love her to bits!

*** BassChat Terms and Conditions *** BassChat Rules and Guidelines in the MarketPlace forums *** Forum Behaviour Guidelines ***

*** My Facebook Musician Page CLICK 'LIKE'! *** Myspace.com/DoodOnBass*** YouTube.com/DoodOnBass *** LinkedIn.com *** Twitter @DoodOnBass***

I teach BASS and GUITAR - CLICK 'LIKE'! *** My Shuker 7 String Build Diary *** My Shuker 6 headless String Build Diary ***

* * * I write the bass section for the FREE to read Guitar Interactive Magazine - Video gear reviews, interviews and columns. * * *

* * * Artist Endorsements: Shuker Bass (I am a Shuker point of contact for advice) * * * D'Addario & Planet Waves Products * * * Hartke * * *
Dingwall Designer Guitars * * *

#70 cetera

Blue-Veined Custard-Chucking Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:33 AM

View Postdood, on Jul 31 2007, 09:31 PM, said:

Thought I'd take this opportunity to share my imported Jap 70's Fender P. This is a non -export model.

Posted Image

Love her to bits!

Ooh.... now THAT I like!!!

How much was it/where from?

Proud 'SPECTOR' & 'CORT' endorsee

Posted Image

Dressed To Kill - The KISS Tribute
Dressed To Kill - Facebook

My Feedback thread
"I don't like Scientology. I'm not even a fan of stupidity when it isn't evil."

#71 dood

Basschat Lifer

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:46 AM

Ishibashi baybeeeeee! ;o) IIRC less than 400 delivered. Cheaper than buying in the UK I'm afraid.

*** BassChat Terms and Conditions *** BassChat Rules and Guidelines in the MarketPlace forums *** Forum Behaviour Guidelines ***

*** My Facebook Musician Page CLICK 'LIKE'! *** Myspace.com/DoodOnBass*** YouTube.com/DoodOnBass *** LinkedIn.com *** Twitter @DoodOnBass***

I teach BASS and GUITAR - CLICK 'LIKE'! *** My Shuker 7 String Build Diary *** My Shuker 6 headless String Build Diary ***

* * * I write the bass section for the FREE to read Guitar Interactive Magazine - Video gear reviews, interviews and columns. * * *

* * * Artist Endorsements: Shuker Bass (I am a Shuker point of contact for advice) * * * D'Addario & Planet Waves Products * * * Hartke * * *

#72 dood

Basschat Lifer

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

The first post in the thread will give you an idea on how to work out the costs on the Ishibashi website. It is acurate.

#73 steve

<bleep>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • Interests:bassist for

www.thecellarmachine.com

www.mrgsbluesband.co.uk

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:27 PM

do ishibashi still send the CIJ jazzes abroad. I notice they say

"- Sales of the fender Japan commodity
I will limit it only to Japan."

on some of the pages?

i like the look of this beast in white
ACG Recurve S Type 6 - Fender Precision - c1920s Czech ply DB - c1960s E European ply DB - Zoom MS-60b - GK MB112

My Facebook page - it would be lovely if you could drop in to say hello / like / share
My Basschat Feedback Thread
electric bass for The Cellar Machine double bass for Mr G's Blues Band
tuition website Manchester Bass Lessons
personal website http://www.stevemcevoy.net

Posted Image

#74 dood

Basschat Lifer

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

I guess you'd need to ask. I don't remember seeing that when I was shopping there. Then again, I didn't look! I saw what UI wanted and emailed 'em straight away lol

#75 cetera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

Er...... a *bloke down the road* just received a wonderful bass from a friendly seller in Japan and *apparently* it got through with NO duty/VAT/Handling charges whatsoever!!! :huh:

No idea how..... but *supposedly* it makes up for the few times he's had to pay it recently.... :)

Edited by cetera, 10 August 2007 - 02:00 PM.

Posted Image

My Feedback thread

#76 ped

Général d’Armée

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,712 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

Sssssshhh! They will find you!
Find us on Facebook and Twitter

#77 Champion Badger

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Bass, Art & Bass!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:07 PM

Ordered a JB62-85FL (fretless) from Ishibashi last Thursday. I was told there may be a delay because the banks are on holiday for a week (some sort of national holiday for banks?). Either way, ordering from Japan seems a better option than some of the UK dealers.

I tried contacting three UK dealers for quotes and availability and wasn't very happy with the results. One guy does not seem to reply to emails at all (not a great way to attract new customers) and the other chap said Fender Japan do not make fretless models (?). Plus why pay more, when it's cheaper to buy direct!

#78 mr_russ

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

Ishibashi have been excellent- my jb75 is excellent- better in build quality than the usa jazz I had a few years ago

the tuners aren't as smooth as the american ones but they do the job

Edited by mr_russ, 13 August 2007 - 01:28 PM.

#79 ped

Général d’Armée

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,712 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

I am really and truly sorry to say it will be a cold day in hell before I buy a new stock instrument from the UK. I would like nothing more than to support our UK shops, but who can afford to?!
Find us on Facebook and Twitter

#80 Champion Badger

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Bass, Art & Bass!

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

My Jazz Fretless arrived today. It was sent out from Japan on Sunday, arrived in the UK on Monday - then took until today to arrive at the local Parcel "farce" depot.

Ishibashi were excellent, but as usual - once it arrived in the UK, it was delayed. Plus I had to pay £86 customs charges.

The bass is excellent and sounds great - I would highly recommend the Japanese option - far superior to the US/Mexican Fenders I have played.

#81 dood

Basschat Lifer

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

View Postped, on Aug 13 2007, 02:30 PM, said:

I am really and truly sorry to say it will be a cold day in hell before I buy a new stock instrument from the UK. I would like nothing more than to support our UK shops, but who can afford to?!

that'll be a +1 from me....

View PostChampion Badger, on Aug 23 2007, 11:45 AM, said:

My Jazz Fretless arrived today. It was sent out from Japan on Sunday, arrived in the UK on Monday - then took until today to arrive at the local Parcel "farce" depot.

Ishibashi were excellent, but as usual - once it arrived in the UK, it was delayed. Plus I had to pay £86 customs charges.

The bass is excellent and sounds great - I would highly recommend the Japanese option - far superior to the US/Mexican Fenders I have played.

oh and I believe that's another +1 ;o) Lets see some pics! ;o)

#82 cetera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

View Postdood, on Jul 31 2007, 09:31 PM, said:

Posted Image
And how she looks now, all John Deacon.
Posted Image

Love her to bits!

Sorry Dood...

I can't find this bass with this colour option on Ishibashi for the price you paid. Can you point me to the right link?

Thanks!

Posted Image

My Feedback thread

#83 Happy Jack

I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated (yeah)

• Members
  • 7,494 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:07 PM

Ahem ... getting back on topic, there's an SGC Nanyo 325 on eBay at the moment:

Feedback +++ YouTube Channel +++ Junkyard Dogs +++ Dani Molino +++ Karena K +++ King Ralph

It's never too late to have a Happy childhood.

#84 steve

<bleep>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

www.thecellarmachine.com

www.mrgsbluesband.co.uk

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:19 AM

View Postcetera, on Aug 10 2007, 02:28 PM, said:

Er...... a *bloke down the road* just received a wonderful bass from a friendly seller in Japan and *apparently* it got through with NO duty/VAT/Handling charges whatsoever!!! :huh:

No idea how..... but *supposedly* it makes up for the few times he's had to pay it recently.... :)

I 'know a bloke' who got an aerodyne last year and he *apparently* didn't pay any extra, it just came straight to his door. He's sold that now and later bought an MM bongo from ikebe and was definately stung by customs that time round. Every international purchase after that was picked up by customs and charged.

I think you may get away with it once, but after that you're on their radar. Still good deals though
ACG Recurve S Type 6 - Fender Precision - c1920s Czech ply DB - c1960s E European ply DB - Zoom MS-60b - GK MB112

My Facebook page - it would be lovely if you could drop in to say hello / like / share

Posted Image

#85 cetera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:00 PM

View Poststeve, on Sep 15 2007, 12:19 PM, said:

I 'know a bloke' who got an aerodyne last year and he *apparently* didn't pay any extra, it just came straight to his door. He's sold that now and later bought an MM bongo from ikebe and was definately stung by customs that time round. Every international purchase after that was picked up by customs and charged.

I think you may get away with it once, but after that you're on their radar. Still good deals though

Ah, but *this bloke* had paid charges BEFORE this one.... and since.... seems *he* just got lucky that time.... :)

Posted Image

My Feedback thread

#86 Bloodaxe

VotW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Interests:Several

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:03 PM

'ning,

I'm contemplating plugging the "last" gap in my Aria collection via a nice chap over in the US. Tell me if I've got this right...

All in (inc shipping) = $600

Declared value = $400

Based on an exchange rate of $2=£1 & working on the declared value I get:

Cost: £200.00
Duty (@4%) = £8.00
VAT on total (@17.5%) = £36.40
Total = £244.40

+ whatever charge Parcelfarce or whoever see fit to levy.

... or should I be working on the actual cost, which gives me a final figure of £366.60.

Pete.
Psalm 37:8 ...do not fret—it leads only to evil.
1980 Aria SB-1000 FrankenFretless, 1980 Aria SB-900, 1981 Aria TSB-400 w/Kahler 2410 Trem, 1983 Aria RSB Special-1, 1984 Aria RSB Deluxe-5, 1984 Aria ZZB-Custom.
Ashdown Superfly, Epifani UL-110, Flitesound 1x15". "Axis" NH100 Valve Head.

#87 cetera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:50 AM

Parcelforce charge is about £13.50.

Duty/VAT is charged on the declared value+shipping.

Posted Image

My Feedback thread

#88 steve

<bleep>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

www.thecellarmachine.com

www.mrgsbluesband.co.uk

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

View Postcetera, on Sep 15 2007, 02:00 PM, said:

Ah, but *this bloke* had paid charges BEFORE this one.... and since.... seems *he* just got lucky that time.... :)

Well, then the *bloke you know* seems to be luckier than the *bloke I know*. I bet if I mentioned this to the *bloke I know*, he might even be inclined to try to get away with another CIJ jazz, if only he could sell some of his stuff in the for sale forums, erm alledgedly

Posted Image

#89 cetera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

View Poststeve, on Sep 20 2007, 10:55 AM, said:

Well, then the *bloke you know* seems to be luckier than the *bloke I know*. I bet if I mentioned this to the *bloke I know*, he might even be inclined to try to get away with another CIJ jazz, if only he could sell some of his stuff in the for sale forums, erm alledgedly

Indeed...! :)

Posted Image

My Feedback thread

#90 john_the_bass

Leicester Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Interests:This, that and t'other

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:02 PM

Has anybody seen or used this? http://www.myus.com
Seems like a way to control your shipments or buy stuff from the US from people who won't ship to the UK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users