Why become a member? ×

Another power supply topic!

joegarcia

Ok, so I know there have been a lot of these topics but I've read through loads and i still can't find one supply that will power all my pedals.
I need:
9x 9v DC
3x Line 6 type 9v AC
1x 18v AC (i think, will have to check)

The only one I saw that comes close is the Burkey Flatliner but it ony has one AC socket and seven DC. it says on their site that the Line 6 modeller pedals can be powered from 9v DC sockets though. Is this true? Also, it's uber expensive.

I guess I may have to resort to two supplies maybe. One for the DC and one for the AC. I wouldn't mind this too much as long as they're both small. Would rather have a box type one with multiple outputs over a Diago type with a daisy chain though as the pedals are all quite far apart and it's a big board.

Any others anyone can think of?

[quote name='Ant' post='14366' date='Jun 8 2007, 08:43 PM']I've heard the line6 9v AC requiring pedals will actually run off regular dc power, is that for the modellers and things? 'cos you can run the modellers from a godlyke power all.[/quote]

Cool. In addition to my 9v DC pedals I have a Line 6 FM4 (with it's own Line 6 PSU) and an Alesis Bitrman which runs from a second Line 6 PSU. I'm wondering if it can cope with DC as well as the Line 6.

Edit:
Also just noticed the Godlyke is a daisy chain type which I;' not really keen on. Thanks for the suggestion though. :-)

Edited by joegarcia

Having thought a bit more I reckon I could live with daisy chains as it's pretty much the only way I could do it without spending several hundred quid on an absolute monster.
Only thing I need to check now is if My Alesis Bitrman can run on 9v DC. Any ideas? I also need to check whether my other custom Bugbrand pedal will work on DC. If a pedal is designed to work at 12v and you provide it with 18v (as with one of those Diago 18v adaptors) does the pedal just take what it needs or fry?