Why become a member? ×

Chorus Pedal... Which one?

Jebo1

Hi all,

I've got a Boss CEB-3 Chorus pedal, and I don't like it. It makes no discernable impact on my sound and looks crappy.

So I want another one, a decent Chorus pedal. I use EBS gear and a couple of vintage jazzes (the first is a fretless and the other are all fretted).

I'd like to know what people think is the best Chorus pedal...

I'm going to use it in an acoustic context, and need one by err, Thursday!

Let me know what you think people! thanks :-)

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='146319' date='Feb 25 2008, 01:03 AM']Analogman Chorus or EBS Chorus. Both great.[/quote]

Agree

I have both of these and they are as good as each other - but only if you get the Analogman version with a deep switch. If you are going down the EBS route anyway then I'd go with that.

Hi
+1 on the unichorus, fantastic sweet sound, still leaves you with plenty of bottom end(theres a trim pot inside which balances your dry and effected sound, it also doubles as a flanger and pitch modulator?????, sad to say i bought it for its flanging as im an anthony jackson freak(and yes i know he used a phaser) but i wasnt keen, but the chorus totally diffrent animal.
I played for a local production of "we will rock you" the queen show last year and used it on "those were the days of our lives" for those beautiful ninth slides, and it almost made me cry(or was it the red onions in my sarnie ha ha)
Anyway two thumbs up for the unichorus buy with confidence.
All the best-LEE

I'm on an EBS mission myself, so I'm obviously going to say an EBS UniChorus.....but it does sound great.

[url="http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=254"]MXR M-134[/url]

I decided to try it after I read the Richard Bona use it. It is a fantastic chorus. It works great with bass and guitar. No tone loss or sound degradation.

Now I use the chorus in my AdrenaLinn III but only because it is more practical and I don't have space left in my pedalboard. Even if I don't use it I decided to keep it simply because it is the best chorus I ever tried. The flip side is that it is expansive, it runs at 18V and it is relatively big.