Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** NS WAV4 EUB - price dropped to £350...

**SOLD**

Hi,
Now I've acquired a CR5M I can't really justify keeping my WAV4 any longer. This is the perfect instrument for any bass guitarist who fancies taking on an upright, or a db player wanting something easier to transport and amplify. I've had it around 3 years and it's served me very well. The WAV isn't made any more and as I understand it it was discontinued due to production issues and they changed to the more expensive NXT bass. The problems with the WAVs were very specific and nothing that should put you off. Specifically the stand had some inherent weaknesses, and indeed mine has been repaired and reinforced and seems much sturdier now (but you can always upgrade to the standard NS stand which fits this bass), and although the finish on the body is beautiful, the finishing on the neck and headstock is a little rough from a cosmetic point of view, but nothing that affects playability.

The finish is honeyburst and the fingerboard is stained rosewood. As this was my first upright I engraved some dot markers in the side of the neck. These are done with a simple knife and tippex, but in my defence 1) they don't look as bad as they sound, and 2) I never thought I'd be selling it! Otherwise the bass is as bought with stand and soft gigbag and strung with NS D'addario strings. The bass is passive with simple volume and tone. There is no onboard preamp and sound is thin put straight through a PA, but I find with a standard bass amplifier preamp the sound is excellent, especially if lightly compressed. The sound can be very like a db, in fact I reckon you can get a truer db sound from the WAV than from the CR basses. The action is low to mid but can be altered easily.

**PRICE DROPPED**
I'm looking for £350 +P&P or pick up from Cambridge, but would also consider trade with an American Precision with rosewood board with money your way if appropriate.
Any questions let me know. Some pics below and some more here:

[url="http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa362/andyborman/WAV4/"]http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa362/andyborman/WAV4/[/url]

[attachment=82847:IMG_0199.JPG][attachment=82845:IMG_0195.JPG][attachment=82846:IMG_0201.JPG]

Cheers for looking,
Andy

Edited by moonbass

[quote name='moonbass' post='1305008' date='Jul 15 2011, 07:11 PM']Here's a Friday night "I've got my eye on a speaker cabinet" type bump! £350... surely this has got to be tempting to someone?! A.[/quote]

If I didn't already have one I'd be jumping at this, £350 is an absolute steal! Maybe you should stick it in the bass guitar section as well, I'm sure someone will be tempted...

ficelles

Thanks Ficelles; I think it's a good price, but then I'm biased! I suspect it's bad form to post in two sections, so I'll wait and see if anyone goes for it here. In case anyone's wondering the price won't be going any lower, sorry. Andy.

[quote name='moonbass' post='1305408' date='Jul 16 2011, 02:08 AM']Thanks Ficelles; I think it's a good price, but then I'm biased! I suspect it's bad form to post in two sections, so I'll wait and see if anyone goes for it here. In case anyone's wondering the price won't be going any lower, sorry. Andy.[/quote]

Hi,

If you've still got it, how much would it cost to get it shipped to Cornwall? (Can't think of a way of picking it up from Cambridge in the near future unfortunately.)

Cheers,

Andy

[quote name='moonbass' post='1305898' date='Jul 16 2011, 03:41 PM']As a Royal Mail Standard Parcel looks like it will be £23.23. Happy to consider other couriers if needed. It's fairly sturdy, so should be fine to post.
Let me know if you're keen,
Andy[/quote]
Sounds promising: I'll send you a private message.

Cheers,

Andy M (to save confusion!)