Why become a member? ×

Journey...

andy67

Not to everyones taste...however;

Journey are playing The Clyde Auditorium in Glasgow Friday 20th June 08!

link here: [url="http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/735415"]http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/735415[/url]

Great band with some great, great songs!

Stone in love
Whos cryin now?
Dont stop believing

superb!

[quote name='andy67' post='147629' date='Feb 27 2008, 09:46 AM']Not to everyones taste...however;

Journey are playing The Clyde Auditorium in Glasgow Friday 20th June 08!

link here: [url="http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/735415"]http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/735415[/url]

Great band with some great, great songs!

Stone in love
Whos cryin now?
Dont stop believing

superb![/quote]

I saw them at the Glasgow Apollo in 1979 with The Pat Travers Band (where did those years go !). Great gig. Both acts were very impressive.

Dunno 'bout this..!

Last thing I remember reading About Journey was that they've 'replaced' Jeff Scott Soto with some guy that Schon found on YouTube..! He was singing with a Filipino/Philipino tribute band. :)

Wonder if they'll be staying in the same hotel as Bon Jovi, who play Glasgow the next day...

KotS

[quote name='Danny' post='147993' date='Feb 27 2008, 06:07 PM']I've had this video "bookmarked" for a while now.
Journey - Don't Stop believing - Live[/quote]

Ah the memories... takes me back to my yoot, headbanging at Newcastle Mayfair (sigh) Happy Days.

Is that an Ovation bass that he's playing?

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='147893' date='Feb 27 2008, 03:29 PM']Funnily enough , I've just been writing my memoirs - catchily entitled 'Famous rockstars I've shared a bag of onion bahjis with outside a pub in Wakefield'

Chapter 1 is called 'Neal Schon out of Journey'

Run out of relevant material for the rest of the book though![/quote]
.......That must have been the time he did a 'clinic' at the[then] Poste Haste - I was booked as Bassist and was asked to fix a Drummer which I did; when we arrived, another band had arrived,supposedly booked by his management.....I was devastated not to be able to play in front of my locals' with a top player...The story had a good ending I suppose - we were paid as agreed and I got to chat with him. Rather a nice dude although he didn't buy me a Bhaji..

AAhhh the Mayfair!!!
Fantastic place lots of very happy memories, "The gate" isnt half as good, a MASSIVE journey fan, a great guitarist i played with back home got me into them I particularly loved Randy Jacksons playing ,"After the fall" is a favourite, I think your right Ross valory is playing an ovation magnum, very punchy modern sound, worlds apart from Yah wobbles.
Keep rockin everyone- LEE

Ah the memories... takes me back to my yoot, headbanging at Newcastle Mayfair (sigh) Happy Days.

Is that an Ovation bass that he's playing?
[/quote]

Does anyone know of a guitarist or singer that might be interested in a Journey tribute band?
We're unable to find anyone for either of these positions and we've been rehearsing for a year without. We have 2 hours of Journey songs ready to go a 21K turbosound PA and enough gear to sink a cruiser. But no guitar or vox. We've been auditioning but have been dissapointed with the people who came so far.

We're a South Yorkshire based band. And if I do say so, we're quite good.

Please put out the word!

PS *I'm* the biggest Journey fan! :)

[url="http://www.gunworx.co.uk/news.htm"]ESCAPE: Journey Tribute Band[/url]

By the way, I was out at the "Corporation" in Sheffield this very evening watching Jeff Scott Soto gigging live with his current buddies "Tempestt". A Brazillian band who supported him while he toured over there. They were quite good and the bassist was [u]very[/u] accomplished!

Edited by GremlinAndy

[quote name='BOD2' post='147804' date='Feb 27 2008, 01:40 PM']I saw them at the Glasgow Apollo in 1979 with The Pat Travers Band (where did those years go !). Great gig. Both acts were very impressive.[/quote]

I saw that tour too. I too went to see "The Pat Travers Band" who were supporting a relatively unknown Journey.

I kept this all these years.

£1.50! It cost a fair bit more to see them last year! Lol

Edited by GremlinAndy

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='151452' date='Mar 5 2008, 12:08 AM']Does anyone know of a guitarist or singer that might be interested in a Journey tribute band?[/quote]

Sorry, no...... but if you want a bassist, let me know....!- ;) :huh: :)

UK tour dates for June went on presale this morning..... and will go on public sale on Friday. I got tickets for the Wolverhampton gig instead of London because I'll be in Paris watching KISS on the night of the London gig :huh: :)