Why become a member? ×

Jamiroquai Canned heat transcription

bassfunk

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='148532' date='Feb 28 2008, 06:14 PM']I don't know how useful [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bceFnHUx8j8"]this[/url] will be; but it's a start. I hope.

Failing that, you could just learn the dance that Napoleon Dynamite does to the song.[/quote]

Isn't Canned Heat a synth bass?

[quote name='Mcgiver69' post='149022' date='Feb 29 2008, 04:08 PM']Why don't you try Simon Merrick's website he is Basschatter and has a book with most of Jamiroquai's transcriptions. Very good book and a top bloke Mr. Simon (I think that's new nickname)[/quote]

Yeah I tried that. As I said previously he is negotiating a new publishing deal so the books are out of print. I actually bought a flight case off him a while ago. SO may have his email address somewhere.

I have just transcribed a 16 bar chunk of this for a lesson I'm teaching next week on replicating synth lines - thought I'd post it on here in case anyone wants to check it out. The transcription starts at 3.57 CD time and captures the essence of this synth line. Add a touch of distortion, compress to oblivion, and you're on your way. You could also try playing it up an octave and use an octaver to fill in the low end.

Enjoy!
Stu