It's time to forget the recession, forget the fact that the England Women's football team is better than the mens and forget the fact that you're not friends on Facebook with Tal Wilkenfeld (er, unless you are of course)... style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif So dust off you brilliant collection of basses, your amazing array of amps and all your other interesting bass stuff, and bring it all down to the..
South East Bass Bash No.5
..because we've all got nothing better to do (yet again) and because we're continually inspired by all the other totally brilliant Basschat Bashes around the country and because we want to see you all again of course..plus we want to make a lot of noise! So, for your delectation and enjoyment, here are the details you need to know:
Date: Saturday 24 September 2011
Time: 10am - 5pm
Venue: Jubilee High School, Surrey, School Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 1TE
Venue link: Jubilee High School Website
Format: 1 x general area to set up your gear, plus 1 x quiet room/workshop area with workshops through the day, plus Jamming room, plus cafeteria, plus Raffle
The Quiet Room' and the Theatre for Workshops
The Jamming Room for jamming with drummers (and other strange non-bass playing people)
Main Hall (where you can set up your gear)
Plus we have a few new ideas we're considering, such as a 'Swap Shop' area for example... And a 'no slapping' ban, punishable by having to pay a donation towards the charities! style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
Cost: £10 for the day Last year, it cost about £185 for the hire of the venue plus an amount for some public liability insurance cover therefore to cover those basic costs, we need to charge £10 per head entrance fee to one and all!
Charities: We will donate all profits from the day to a worthy cause or two (details to be confirmed):
Refreshments will be available on the day for a small charge of course which will help increase the profits and keep everyone happy! Last year Hamster & Mrs Hamster did all the work on that and have offered to do so again, so many thanks in advance to them!
As ever, we are looking for offers from people to run workshops...so any ideas/requests are welcomed. Bassace has offered to get involved with a Double bass workshop already which is great, but that may be subject to his availability on the day, so if anyone else would like to contribute to that workshop as well, it'd be much appreciated.
One suggestion I've had already is for a workshop on how to e.q. your rig for different venues, so if someone fancies that challenge, then please PM me...I could really see that working well if we had a drummer and guitarist available on the day as well.... I think it would also be worthwhile if we had a workshop based upon comparing different basses, different amps etc.. And one on music theory too! So if anyone is feeling bold and brave, then please step forward now!!!
What would be really helpful from everyone who's interested in partcipating on the day is:
1. Donations of raffle prizes
2. Ideas/requests for the workshops
3. Volunteers to help out on the day (if needs be)
What'd be good now is to use this thread to get an idea of who's coming and what gear they'll be bringing..So, to get the ball rolling here's a list of the people I know who are coming:
01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Hughes & Kettner Bassbass 600 head & SWR Triad.. plus old Peavey Head and 1x15 for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)
02. Coasterbass: Eden Navigator preamp and SVP-Pro, Mesa 1x15 RR, Warwick $$ Streamer (Lefty), Stingray (Lefty)
03. Waynepunkdude: Arsenal shirt, Nick Cave underpants, Sunburst Musicman Sterling H and Ampeg SVT 2pro G&K Neo412
04. MikeyR: Blue P bass with a selection of stomp boxes
05. Truckstop: MIM Fender Jazz V, pimped Kay 2B; Gem/Ampeg rig; some effects
06. Dropzone: Jeff berlin combo and what I think is a Mark 1 Barefaced Compact Cab
08. Shockwave: Pedulla MVP5 Mean Green machine.
09. Sibob: '71 Precision, '73 Jazz, MIA Jazz 5 if there's interest, Barefaced Compact, Orange Terror, Pedal-board if there's interest.
11. TheGreek: Veillette Citron fretless
12. Burgundymouse: Fender Jazz and Laney amp
13. 51m0n: Berg ae410, MB, Focusrite and Roscoe
14. seashell: MIM Fender Precision + some sort of Marshall practice amp
15. Barneyg42: Some second-hand tat bought over the years!
16. Happy Jack: Double bass of some description + Status Graphite Streamline 5
17. silddx: Hohner B2ADB Headless Boat Paddle / Home Built Chris Squire Electra Evolution, Status Graphite Vintage PJ4 and my Fender USA Deluxe Strat (with the trusty POD X3 Live)
18. Paul the drums: himself & some drums!
19. TomKent: Fodera NYC Empire 5, Fender Jazz 4, Vintage Stingray 5, Faker P 4 Fretless, Faker P Fretted, Krampera KVB800 Rig, some pedals too..
20. Obbm: Shuker PJ5, ACG headless 5, Aguilar SL112, Ashdown LB, GK Microstack.
21. Ped: Vigier Passion bass, BC T shirts
22. Merton: 4 Statii (yes, 4, hooray!), Multiscale prototype, GK MB200
23. Jean-Luc Pickguard: NS-Design CR5M, Ashbory
24. Stingray5: Musicman, Tune, Trace Elliot, GT-6B, other stuff tba
25. Bassace : A double bass and an amp or two
26. WalMan: Wal Pro 1/Custom, G&L L2500 fretted & fretless, MB LMT, BF Super 12T, assorted EBS pedals
27. SlackAlice: Squier P Bass Special........& hopefully another addition by then. Ashdown Electric Blue 180 12.
28. Mcgraham: Wood & Tronics 5 string fretted & 5 string fretless
29. Pantherairsoft: Roscoe Century Signature 6 & Custom 3006 Fretless
30. Maverick: Maverick S4 Nemesis, Fulltone Bass Drive & EBS Microbass II.
31. Grand Wazoo: Basswise I'll take whatever I like. mostly wonkey fretted ones and an Ashdown Drophead 30
32. sockdeluxe_mikey: Lakland 44-01 and possibly one or two others, Markbass SA450 and Barefaced Compact.
33. Arco: Yamaha SLB 100, Precision, Markbass CMD121P plus anything else I acquire before then....
35. Low End Bee:
37. bassmanady: Shecter Diamond series Elite 5 string & Sei Flam 5 string
38. alexclaber: trusty RIM Custom 5, a barefaced cab or two plus a drummist!
39. vintage ben: 1967 Jazz Bass, Sadowsky NYC P Bass, Aguilar TH500, Barefaced Compact (assuming all goes to plan).
40. Hamster: mostly tea, coffee & cakes!
41. jhk: Yamaha TRB 5 & 6 plus RBX 775, stingray 5, GB spitfire 5, Eden Metro
42. chimike: various amps, pre-amps…
It'd be great to have 50 plus people there on the day but the bottom line is that, to make this event pay for itself and to be able to donate something to charity, we need a minimum of 30 people... So, come on folks; sign up!! Thanks and we look forward to seeing you there.. style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
silverfoxnik / Merton / Hamster / WalMan / obbm / Happy Jack / Beedster
Edited by silverfoxnik, 20 September 2011 - 12:54 AM.