Why become a member? ×

Jeff Healey on YouTube

mikeh

[quote name='barneythedog' post='149208' date='Feb 29 2008, 09:56 PM']just a bit :huh:[/quote]

NOT REALLY!!!!!!! This is what gets right up my nose sometimes. I ask a simple question, and I get the p*ss taken! All I see is some Black Guy playing some sort of Fender Bass. Thanks for the help guys! :)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='149211' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:01 PM']NOT REALLY!!!!!!! This is what gets right up my nose sometimes. I ask a simple question, and I get the p*ss taken! All I see is some Black Guy playing some sort of Fender Bass. Thanks for the help guys! :)[/quote]

It's Marcus Miller man.

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='149211' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:01 PM']NOT REALLY!!!!!!! This is what gets right up my nose sometimes. I ask a simple question, and I get the p*ss taken! All I see is some Black Guy playing some sort of Fender Bass. Thanks for the help guys! :)[/quote]

It's Marcus Miller playing his Sadowsky-modified Fender Jazz.

I saw JH at the Portsmouth Guildhall in something like 1989. Backstage passes and everything. Amazing player and a really nice guy to boot.

It's Marcus Miller. I don't think anyone was really having a go (some gentle ribbing maybe). Don't know too much about him myself... he's meant to be good, he has a signature bass and that's pretty much all I know. I saw Jeff Healy play Manchester Apollo in about 92/93 and he had to be prevented falling off the stage by the bass player (not Mr Miller but the guy he played with in Roadhouse, the crappy Swayze film) who had to guide him back to his spot with several shoulder/elbow nudges.

[quote name='Hamster' post='149242' date='Feb 29 2008, 11:18 PM']The bass player's name is kinda mentioned in the video comments :huh:

Hamster[/quote]

YeaH? On PAGE FOUR! :) Before that, all it says is "Jeff, Omar, Marcus, and the Good Doctor". Not much help if you don't know any of Jeff Healeys Backing Musicians, is it? When I follow a link to YouTube, I'd like to watch the pretty moving pictures, not have to scroll through a soliloquy of the usually facile comments posted by the 'Great Unwashed'. I'm terribly, terribly sorry that I don't measure up to your expectations of who I should know, but I was just asking a simple question in the hope of getting a simple answer. I'm usually too busy gigging to sit on the computer, so I'm not au fait with who's a 'Hero' or 'Role Model' this week. ;)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='149264' date='Mar 1 2008, 01:39 AM']YeaH? On PAGE FOUR! :) Before that, all it says is "Jeff, Omar, Marcus, and the Good Doctor". Not much help if you don't know any of Jeff Healeys Backing Musicians, is it? When I follow a link to YouTube, I'd like to watch the pretty moving pictures, not have to scroll through a soliloquy of the usually facile comments posted by the 'Great Unwashed'. I'm terribly, terribly sorry that I don't measure up to your expectations of who I should know, but I was just asking a simple question in the hope of getting a simple answer. I'm usually too busy gigging to sit on the computer, so I'm not au fait with who's a 'Hero' or 'Role Model' this week. ;)[/quote]
chill .... :huh:

Had a bad day Al?

[quote name='neilb' post='149437' date='Mar 1 2008, 01:46 PM']Had a bad day Al?[/quote]

Yep!! I thought I'd just come down to Basschat and have a bit crack with the lads. After yesterday, the LAST thing I needed was people trying to belittle my knowledge, and point out obvious flaws in my computer (lack of) skill. I shall now bugger off to Youtube, and try to learn who everyone is talking about, before I come back. :)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='149203' date='Feb 29 2008, 09:52 PM']Probably somebody famous, but I don't know who he is. :)[/quote]
If it's any comfort, nor did I. In fact, I don't know who most bass players are. Hadn't heard of Stuart Zender until a fortnight ago, for example.

sadly, healey passed away withi the last 24 hours from cancer. He was only 41 years old.

[url="http://www.canada.com/globaltv/globalshows/et_story.html?id=96dd979b-604d-4b10-bffb-ad126fed902c"]http://www.canada.com/globaltv/globalshows...fb-ad126fed902c[/url]

Bloody shame.