Why become a member? ×

Didn't see that coming!

gafbass02

So as some of you may know i have a thing for white jazzes and finally bought a 75ri in white (again!) and had enough to buy the bartolini neck and bridge humbucker and audere preamp to create a totally awesome looking and sounding bass.

I took it still stock back to a rehearsal in Leicester at the weekend intending to drop it in at my regular luthiers afterwards and pick it up next time...

Only It was awesome as it was!, it sounded lovely and fat and burbly and now im unsure wether to do the mods even though im a pretty much dyed in the wool active bass player!

I bought it specifically to mod Grr!

Im wondering about just doing reversible mods first so just sticking in the pair of regular barts and an east pre off my blue jazz so there is no routing, rather than having an MM bucker fitted and side jack for thr audere jz4. That way if i think its a mistake then i can restore it to stock!, or proceede with the audere/MM mod. I understand the audere sounds quite natural anyway.

Darn!

Thoughts? ( I think i know what you'll say!) But just think how cool it would look (shallow! :blush: ) with the bart neck, Bart MM in the bridge, badass and a four knob audere!

Keep it as it is, at least for a while. The original tone and feel of an instrument is something that can never be recovered once it's gone. Play it as is, get used to it as is, and give it some long hard thought before you do anything to it, because it'll never be the same again.

:)