Why become a member? ×

Rumours of my death...........

Beedster

.... were exaggerated :huh:

Moved house and job, haven't played bass for 5 weeks (it turned out the one dislocated finger was in fact two and one further broken), and have had virtually no internet access for almost two months.

But I'm back :)

Many thanks for the emails from you good BC'ers out there, and many apologies for a few un-replied to PM's.

Looking forward to some BCing as of old

Chris

Hi Chris,

Good to hear you're back!

I was wondering what had happened to you, especially as there's been a few people round here been trying to take your Basschat 'buying/selling' crown!! :)
I thought you'd finally got that date with Kylie!

Moving's a pretty stressful business, so I hope it went well..When are you going to be able to play the bass again?

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Thanks all, good to be back. I've moved to Milton Keynes (long story), which if nothing else means I'm gonna get to more BC bashes. Five weeks off the bass makes a man realise just how valuable - and fragile - his hands are. In some respects the crash was probably a good thing in the long run as I'm gonna make sure I look after them in future.

Paul, the Ovation's lovely but I'm gonna trade it for a 20 fret acoustic as the 24 frets are confusing the hell out of me when I go back to my Precisions, especially the fretless (not that I'm doing anything more than single-finger stuff with my left hand at the moment) - any offers (Mike, I expect your grinning already at my immediate return to the marketplace).

However, I will not buy any new basses this year, I promise

Cheers all

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='150646' date='Mar 3 2008, 08:45 PM']I've moved to Milton Keynes .................

However, I will not buy any new basses this year, I promise

Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris, Good to see you back! You do realise how close you now are to Flanker and his lovely gear?!?!

Steve

[quote name='Beedster' post='150646' date='Mar 3 2008, 08:45 PM']Thanks all, good to be back. I've moved to Milton Keynes[/quote]

Why do I suddenly have the bassline for 'Roundabout' in my head?

Welcome back, we should meet halfway (Sandy, Beds according to viamichelin.co.uk) for a bike ride sometime.

[quote name='bremen' post='151068' date='Mar 4 2008, 02:13 PM']Why do I suddenly have the bassline for 'Roundabout' in my head?

Welcome back, we should meet halfway (Sandy, Beds according to viamichelin.co.uk) for a bike ride sometime.[/quote]

Hi Chris
When my hand's back on form I'll take you up on that.
I just got the '79 Precision back from Martin Simms. I have to say, he has excelled himself, even by his pretty high standards, it is outstanding, he's put on an immaculate 3t sunburst but has somehow kept the feeling of it being a 30 year-old bass. I'll be taking it to the bash if you fancy checking out how she ended up.
Cheers
C