Why become a member? ×

TO GO: Unwanted Mars Bar

tommorichards

Had one of these. Didn't think much of it. Some people say its a classic, but I'm not sure being mass produced for a long time makes it a classic!?
If any BC members have an unwanted Maverick bar kncoking around, I'd gladly take it of your hands. They are as rare as rocking horse sh*t! They had that great crunch that you just can't find these days, and you could get that real chewiness that just isn't the same in these modern bars.
The remanufacture of the Wispa was a good idea though, and I don't usually go for solid state bars. Nice, but a bit plain for my taste.
Some say Cadburys had it best back in the days before they were bought out, but I have always felt more comfortable with Nestle. With a nestle bar you can easily carry one in to a gig situation with ease, knowing that it will not let you down when you really need it. Over heating is less of a problem too, but maybe that's just pedal el preference?

I also have been searching for an unused, mint condition Secret bar, but am having similar problems finding one of those too.

[quote name='tommorichards' post='1305165' date='Jul 15 2011, 08:58 PM']Sorry guys, its been given to the guy one guy who took this post seriously and decided to PM me.

Better luck next time.[/quote]

I really didn't know if you were being serious or not with all the specs and everything on it.

[quote name='gusto' post='1305037' date='Jul 15 2011, 07:29 PM']Had one of these. Didn't think much of it. Some people say its a classic, but I'm not sure being mass produced for a long time makes it a classic!?
If any BC members have an unwanted Maverick bar kncoking around, I'd gladly take it of your hands. They are as rare as rocking horse sh*t! They had that great crunch that you just can't find these days, and you could get that real chewiness that just isn't the same in these modern bars.
The remanufacture of the Wispa was a good idea though, and I don't usually go for solid state bars. Nice, but a bit plain for my taste.
Some say Cadburys had it best back in the days before they were bought out, but I have always felt more comfortable with Nestle. With a nestle bar you can easily carry one in to a gig situation with ease, knowing that it will not let you down when you really need it. Over heating is less of a problem too, but maybe that's just pedal el preference?

I also have been searching for an unused, mint condition Secret bar, but am having similar problems finding one of those too.[/quote]

Nah mate, a dairy milk is a solid state bar. Wispa was more of a modelling jobbie, designed to emulate an aero.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1305506' date='Jul 16 2011, 09:41 AM']So was this serious?[/quote]
It was serious. I didnt feel like throwing it away, so i decided to see if anyone actually wanted it. So now itll be off on its way to the one person who took it seriously.