Why become a member? ×

London International Music Show

Rodders

[quote name='neilb' post='150513' date='Mar 3 2008, 05:47 PM']Its also incorporating the London Drum Show........... :wacko:[/quote]
It was already too noisy when it was just guitars. That and last years fiasco over the 'bass area' mean that I won' t be bothering this year.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='150552' date='Mar 3 2008, 06:39 PM']What "bass area" fiasco was that? I can't even remember if I went last year.[/quote]
The London Guitar Show website has gone (probably in the archive) but I did find this description:

As a matter of fact Rotosound is one of the sponsors of this year's LGS – and not only will Rotosound be more visible than ever, but it will also be the godfather of a completely new section-the Bass Studio. The LGS officials stated that the Bass Studio will let you "see all the bass amp manufacturers all together in one place without noise restriction and get to thump those hefty bass strings to your hearts content".

Which turned out to be one Markbass rig and one Markbass combo in a very small room round the back of the cafe.

[quote name='dood' post='150495' date='Mar 3 2008, 05:21 PM']Ah! So they have amalgamated the seperate shows into one UberMammoth extravaganza! Well, I will very likely be there with ma band, should we all fancy a trip ;o)[/quote]
My lot were talking of a band outing to it this year.

Did the Guitar show at eXcel last year & it wasn't too bad. Normally worth a wander, a noodle & the chance of perhaps picking up a semi bargain - just bring your own packed lunch & drinks 'cos the prices are a bit steep

[quote]What "bass area" fiasco was that? I can't even remember if I went last year.[/quote]
I never actually found the bass place. Son & his mates did & apparently it amounted to one lonely bass demonstrator in a completely different room who perked up briefly when they wandered through (all guitarists I'm afraid)

Edited by WalMan