Why become a member? ×

New Amp, Changing Effects, Feeling Good

Phaedrus

Hi,

I ordered a Peavey Tour 450 head & TVX410 4 ohm cab from my local dealer last week.

I'm definitely trading my TNT150BW against it and have been debating also trading my ME-50B too.

I do use it all the time, every gig, but mostly for a tiny bit of compression & the hi-band drive for grit. I did use the flanger & chorus effects for some parts (eg the bass break in the middle of Stiltskin's "Inside" and the intro of Sweet Child O Mine), but I could happily live without them.

I'm thinking now that I'll stick with my VXL bass attack for the grit and go for an Aphex Bass Xciter. Just those two, my DT-10 (or maybe even a black one, to appease my vanity :huh: :) ) and the amp. This simplicity is appealing to me.

I may also look at selling my Tune TWB53FM (which I've recently fallen back in love with, but have spotted a new infatuation) and going for a Corvette $$ as my main bass, keeping my BB605 as back-up.

It feels good revamping your gear, doesn't it?

Mark

It sure does, it's my favourite thing to do :)

I've actually gone on a bit of spree myself the last couple of weeks. I was going to buy 'a couple of bits' to kickstart my Squier project, and I've ended up with a P/J set of Wizards, a Badass II, a whole new tone circuit and a scratchplate, as well as a Behringer BDI21 and a sexy white Crybaby!!

Not to mention an enormous eBay watch list, and a shopping list of components to start modding all my other gear.... think I'm catching the bug!

Can't wait to get all my new toys out in rehearsals this week!