Why become a member? ×

arco bass for sale SOLD

arco 5 string (e to high c) bass for sale SOLD SOLD SOLD

supplied and made by luthier Toby Chennell and owned/played by me since last year

bass has proved very helpful in making the transition from bass guitar to double bass as the Arco scale length is the same as bass guitar scale length but the sound is probably as close as you are going to get to a DB without playing a "full sized" instrument - plus the arco can be bowed just like a full sized version. The reduced body size also helps transport issues.

I have gigged the Arco for swing band work and concert band work - I have fitted a fishman full circle pickup and the amplified sound retains the acoustic nature of the unamplified instrument.

please see Toby's website (enter Toby Chennell into search engine)for full details of these basses and sound samples

bass has soft cover and will include fishman pickup or reduce price by £200 if you do not want this pickup.

looking for £1200 with pickup or £1000 without pickup towards my next double bass !

prefer collection - but happy to travel reasonable distance to facilitate same.

Edited by fretless

[quote name='fretless' post='1310393' date='Jul 20 2011, 03:06 PM']arco 5 string (e to high c) bass for sale

supplied and made by luthier Toby Chennell and owned/played by me since last year

bass has proved very helpful in making the transition from bass guitar to double bass as the Arco scale length is the same as bass guitar scale length but the sound is probably as close as you are going to get to a DB without playing a "full sized" instrument - plus the arco can be bowed just like a full sized version. The reduced body size also helps transport issues.

I have gigged the Arco for swing band work and concert band work - I have fitted a fishman full circle pickup and the amplified sound retains the acoustic nature of the unamplified instrument.

please see Toby's website (enter Toby Chennell into search engine)for full details of these basses and sound samples

bass has soft cover and will include fishman pickup or reduce price by £200 if you do not want this pickup.

looking for £1200 with pickup or £1000 without pickup towards my next double bass !

prefer collection - but happy to travel reasonable distance to facilitate same.[/quote]

Could help if we knew where you were...nice instrument, I've never seen these before.