Why become a member? ×

Pickguard for a Fender Jazz 5 USA

Mike

Hi all!

I'm soon to aquire a Fender 5 USA, and I'm keen to whack on a different pickguard. Currently it's a Black bass with the white PG. I'd prefer a black, tort or ideally grey/white pearloid PG.

On all the websites (axesrus/highly strung et al) they only seem to offer one kind of jazz PG - but surely the 5 will need to be bigger to accomodate a bigger pickup?

Any help (including websites) appreciated!

Regards

Mike

[quote name='bassbloke' post='151185' date='Mar 4 2008, 05:43 PM']Any decent music shop should be able to knock one up for you. You could also see if Paul Arrow head can do one for you. He'd just need a trace from the existing plate with all screw holes, truss rod bit and pickup holes marked out.[/quote]

There are two different types of Fender J 5 strings, each with a different pickguard. The DLX's are a different body shape and hence different pickguard from the regular 5 string. Be careful to get the right one.

I got one from a fella on ebay, and it's excellent. Unfortunately I've forgotten his username.
But there's a difference between the Mexican and USA jazz V's too.

Nick.

edit ... found it . His name is dazbootman , and here's link to his ebay shop .

[url="http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dazbootman-Pickguards_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfromZR10QQfsnZDazbootmanQ20PickguardsQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ27985598QQsofpZ0QQtZkm"]http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dazbootman-Pickgu...8QQsofpZ0QQtZkm[/url]

Edited by NickThomas