Why become a member? ×

TODAY !!!! - South Midlands Bass Bash - CONFIRMED DATE

markstuk

Done,

Can anyone who is planning to come and I've not listed on the OP can you let me know that you are and what (if anything) you're planning to bring...

Regards

Mark

[quote name='Kev' post='1346577' date='Aug 20 2011, 06:11 PM']Il come with my Warwick, Perhaps update original post to say who's coming and bringing what??[/quote]

Hi Mark

Just to confirm, I will be bringing the 55/01, CMD102P and a CIJ 62 P bass with flats.

See you in September...

John

[quote name='markstuk' post='1314949' date='Jul 24 2011, 06:01 PM']Folk who have currently confirmed they're coming... If you're missing and are coming can you let me know...

Me - RH450/ABZ/S1/S12T
Kev - Warwick
Tauzero - a few Antoniotsais. Might bring a Warwick or two too.
Mark Stickley - Not Known
Blademan_98 - Orange Crush Combo, Rogue Fretless
Big_Thumb - Warwick Jazzman plus Amplification TBD

And from the Facebook event page

Alan Mathie - Not known
John Hepburn - Lakland 5 string and Markbass 210 combo (TBC)
Tori Rushton - Electric Cello
Richard Taylor - Hartke 810/PLX1802/Line 6 Pod Pro plus various basses :-)

Plus currently seven facebook maybes from the Stratford upon Avon Area Music Group...

Mark[/quote]

I don't know.. :-) do we want drums guys? :-)

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='1358230' date='Aug 31 2011, 10:57 PM']Upstairs bar in Cox's is lovely (well, whole pub's lovely) - might drift over, I'm likely to be based down that way soon, but can't confirm yet.

Do you want drums? :)[/quote]

Cool.

Another Dinger ... :-)

Mark
[quote name='dbass' post='1358209' date='Aug 31 2011, 10:37 PM']I'm from Nottingham but...could make a weekend of it with my girlfriend down Stratford.

I've played Cox's before and it's a mint pub and I help Mark out at the Bass shows so would be nice to see him too.

I could bring stuff in my sig.[/quote]

It's like a wife swapping party, but substitute bass gear for wife... To further the analogy you should bring something along, no matter how ugly :)

If you want to buy/sell/swap stuff I imagine that's fine, but nothing to do with me or the venue..

[quote name='jazzyvee' post='1359030' date='Sep 1 2011, 05:29 PM']I've never been to one of these before so maybe you can enlighten me about what goes on or what is the purpose of the event. Is it a jam session or an opportunity for bass players to try each others gear? Buy sell stuff.

What's it all about?

:)

Jazzyvee[/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' post='1359044' date='Sep 1 2011, 05:45 PM']It's like a wife swapping party, [b]but substitute bass gear for wife[/b]... To further the analogy you should bring something along, no matter how ugly :)

If you want to buy/sell/swap stuff I imagine that's fine, but nothing to do with me or the venue..[/quote]

Drat, I was bringing the wife along in hope of swapping her for a Dingwall....... :lol:

Best I just bring the bass then :)

[quote name='bassman2790' post='1358366' date='Sep 1 2011, 06:39 AM']I'll bring along the Ric. Be nice to see Mark Stickley again too[/quote]

Now traded....will have to bring the Ray instead

• 2 weeks later...